Upgrade from Pi4B to Pi5

• Hi,

I'm planning to move OMV from my Raspberry Pi 4B to a new Raspberry Pi 5 and will wait until OMV 7 is officially released. I've already installed OMV 7 on my Pi 5 for testing and to ensure all plugins are available and working.

Currently, OMV and some Docker services, configured via a compose file, are running on the same device (Pi 4B). After upgrading, I want to separate these two, keeping all Docker-related tasks on the 4B.

Now to my question:

What's the best path to follow?

• Option 1: Just plug in the two hard drives into the new Pi 5 and reconfigure the services and backup routines.
    • Option 2: Upgrade the Pi 4B to Debian 12 and OMV 7, then transfer that SD card to the new Pi 5. However, I'm concerned this might not be ideal as it could transfer services I don't need to the new Pi.

I appreciate any advice or suggestions on this.

Thanks in advance,

David

• macom

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Option 1 sounds best to me mate. but I don't use Pi's I did this when I when from server to server.

Plugins - compose, cputemp, omv-extras, sharerootfs.

Drives - 1tb nvme Data, 2TB nvme Leeching, 24TB (8tbx 3 merg) Media,

Docker - nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!