NFS Share shows ports on server, cannot see them on client

• Okay, I've given it my all, and I just can't figure out how to get this to work.

I've got a simple setup--and OMV6 VM, with a single NFS share, broadcasting to a single VM client on the same machine. I have an identical setup fully functional on another server right now, running OMV5. I have:

- Created the file share

- Enabled all default NFS versions

- Shared NFS on a wildcard (*) in addition to the specific IP of the client, with rw/insecure enabled.

- Ping fine between client and host. Both are on the same network.

- Verified there is no firewall on either, to the best of my ability.

- Verified NFSD is running, and any other NFS related things on the OMV logs side. As far as OMV is concerned, everything is fine and nothing is stopped.

I originally spent a long time troubleshooting the client, changing configurations, manual mounting and fstab, and each time the mounting process would make the entire machine hang, and then fail to mount, with "Connection Refused" popping up. Since NFS is so simple I assumed this was likely all client side--I'd gotten SMB and RSYNC to work already on the server, so I assumed it was fine--and maybe it is.

The only discrepancy I can find is in rpcinfo, checking ports. On the server, I get what I expect: NFS broadcasting on the right ports and versions. If I rpcinfo from the client, it shows everything *but* the NFS ports. I've attempted some minor finnagling to get the ports to broadcast, but I'm a bit wary--OMV should be able to do that all on it's own as I understand it.

I've searched high and low for a solution and have found many people with similar problems, but most of those are what you'd expect--didn't install nfs-common, firewall issues, etc. All things I've verified and tested to the best of my ability. The absolute weirdest part is that, once or twice, I've gotten it to mount properly--but the moment I reboot the client, it goes back to "Connection Refused" all over again.

Client side connection refused:

Server side rpcinfo:

Client side rpcinfo:

NFS Shares, wide open to multiple networks in attempt to troubleshoot:

Mount failure when booting:

• macom

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Zitat

Shared NFS on a wildcard (*) in addition to the specific IP of the client, with rw/insecure enabled.

What does this mean? You have to specify one IP adress or you allow all internal IP-adresses with XXX.XXX.XXX.0/24

• I have resolved my issue.

Any networking change I made using the terminal was not recognized by OMV, even if the dashboard reflected my changes. By using OMV First Aid, I was able to reconfigure the network interfaces in a way that it was able to properly bind the ports and is now broadcasting NFS.

omv-firstaid Usage - openmediavault
    omv-firstaid usage Requirements OpenMediaVault 0.5 or higher Description This little tutorial describes how to get into some firstaid functions provided by…
    forum.openmediavault.org

This tool is excellent and I recommend it to everyone!

• Well, nevermind. I've rebooted the server a couple times since then, and once again it's back to not broadcasting the ports, even when omv-firstaid resets the network interface. As always advice is appreciated.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!