config files for rsyslog service is behaving differently in omv7

• I have upgraded to omv7 from omv6 on a rpi4 and everything is working well but something is differnent with a custom conf file that I use to filter out syslog message spam.

The config file is etc/rsyslog.d/omv-custom.conf and I have been trying to resolve the problem - it's just a syntax issue I think...

I have been working the issue by making changes to the file and then restarting the service using the following commands. The service starts fine but is not filter out any messages.

Code
    service rsyslog restart
    service rsyslog status

my custom conf file includes the following filters but I am still getting the messages. Maybe it is the order that the config is applied?

Any help appreciated.

Code
    :programname, isequal, "nmbd" stop
    :programname, isequal, "CRON" stop
    :programname, isequal, "rngd" stop
    :programname, isequal, "smbd" stop

:msg, contains, "action " stop
    :msg, contains, "netsnmp_assert" stop
    :msg, contains, "Failed to initiate sched scan" stop
    :msg, contains, "run-docker-runtime" stop
  • Thanks votdev. I will have to accept the spam in the syslog and get over it :)

I have changed the names (file extension to .bak) of the 3x conf files in /etc/rsyslog.d and rebooted my rpi but now I think there is a different issue with logging...

The issue is that logging seems to stop altogether towards the end of my system startup. How can I investigate this further? Below is the last page of syslog entries before it stops. Any clues"

• jata1

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!