Help to upgrade to OMV 6 without new installation

• Hello,

i would like to update my system but i am overwhelmed because i have only done it once every few years with instructions. I have root and my password was still working after years but when I try the command " sudo omv-salt stage run deploy" via putty, I get the message: "command not found".

I also find out that some plugins are not working so I had this message: The repository 'https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/arrak is-docker stretch Release' does no longer have a Release file. N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.

Since I created a database for my movies in Docker as a container back then, which was really complicated for me, I would really like to avoid a complete new installation

can someone please explain to me what I am doing wrong or have to do so that I can even enter the command for the update since the command is not recognized?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I also find out that some plugins are not working so I had this message: The repository 'https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/arrak is-docker stretch Release' does no longer have a Release file. N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.

i would like to update my system but i am overwhelmed because i have only done it once every few years with instructions. I have root and my password was still working after years but when I try the command " sudo omv-salt stage run deploy" via putty, I get the message: "command not found".

Wrong command. sudo omv-release-upgrade is what you want.

You really should update the system regularly.

omv 7.4.2-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.14 | compose 7.2.1 | k8s 7.2.0-1 | cputemp 7.0.2 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.8

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!