Error apt-get upgrade

• Hi everyone, to start with I'm no command line expert, but I've managed to manage my little server for years with the help of this forum every time I've had a little problem, however the last one I'm unable to fix it so I ask you for help.

I've been receiving this error in my mail for a while from a failure that occurs in the update.

Code
    dpkg: error processing package openmediavault (--configure):
      thread installed package openmediavault script post-installation returned error exit code 64
    Errors encountered while processing:
      openmediavault
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Before this error also appeared for the OMVExtras package so I removed it, now I can't reinstall it, my interface shows some errors like for example it doesn't show the docker containers, and it gives an error when accessing the omvextras plugin obviously.

• chente

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Code
    root@nas:~# apt-get install openmediavault-omvextrasorg
    Reading package list... Done
    Creating dependency tree... Done
    Reading status information... Done
    The openmediavault-omvextrasorg package is not available, but is referenced by some other package
    him. This may mean that the package is missing, outdated, or just
    is available from some other source

E: The package "openmediavault-omvextrasorg" does not have an installation candidate
    • Offizieller Beitrag

It's not done like that. You have to run the script.

• Offizieller Beitrag

result attached

It throws an error because before installing omv-extras you must update the system. Run:

omv-upgrade

If all goes well, run the omv-extras install script afterwards.

• Same result, I had already tried this before, it won't let me uninstall openmediavault, or install it, or upgrade it, always the same error, what could it be due to?

• No, I just have a simple script that updates the server every week and sends me the result by email.

Code
    (/usr/bin/apt-get update && /usr/bin/apt-get upgrade -y && /usr/bin/apt-get autoclean && /usr/bin/apt-get autoremove -y) 2>&1 
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I just have a simple script that updates the server every week and sends me the result by email.

Code
    (/usr/bin/apt-get update && /usr/bin/apt-get upgrade -y && /usr/bin/apt-get autoclean && /usr/bin/apt-get autoremove -y) 2>&1 

I would review the content of those emails. Something may have been uninstalled that shouldn't have been uninstalled.

• The contents only show system updates, of course, until the day that this error began, it was after updating OMV to its latest version from the interface. Is there a solution?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Before this error also appeared for the OMVExtras package so I removed it

You have the system in a strange state.

How did you remove omv-extras?

• No, it's not in a weird state, before uninstalling OMVExtras the same error appeared for both the OpenmediaVault and OMVExtras packages, so I uninstalled OMVExtras, from the web interface, but the error was there before, I think the error appeared during the update to the latest version of Openmediavault, for some reason, my script that I have for the automatic update does not update important updates such as Kernel updates or the latest Openmediavault, I do those from time to time from the interface . In the last one it failed, maybe it didn't complete well, maybe it's missing a repository, I don't know.

Debian works as it should and all my services are still active, the problem is only with OpenMediaVault, isn't there a way to uninstall the interface and reinstall it without losing the configuration?

• Offizieller Beitrag

No, it's not in a weird state, before uninstalling OMVExtras the same error appeared for both the OpenmediaVault and OMVExtras packages, so I uninstalled OMVExtras, from the web interface, but the error was there before, I think the error appeared during the update to the latest version of Openmediavault, for some reason, my script that I have for the automatic update does not update important updates such as Kernel updates or the latest Openmediavault, I do those from time to time from the interface . In the last one it failed, maybe it didn't complete well, maybe it's missing a repository, I don't know.

Debian works as it should and all my services are still active, the problem is only with OpenMediaVault, isn't there a way to uninstall the interface and reinstall it without losing the configuration?

I'm not sure what is the result of uninstalling omv-extras. I have never done it nor have I seen anyone do it.

Kernel updates require a server restart.

Can't uninstall OMV interface and reinstall it, OMV is not just an interface. Behind it is a system-wide configuration system.

• OMVExtras was not the root cause of the problem, nor was its uninstallation, I simply uninstalled it because it was one of the 2 packages that failed after the OpenMediaVault update, the option to uninstall it is in the web interface.

I see that there are other people with different failures after this update, maybe something happened in the update, the system continues to work normally, however Openmediavault no, I guess I'm pretty screwed, with the knowledge I have it will be difficult for me to solve this, I give thanks for having everything in containers.

Thanks for your time anyway.

• Hello,

I have the same issue doing apt upgrade

2 packsge failed, openmediavault and OneDrive omv Plugin

i can access to Omv but the disk and s.m.a.r.t isnt load the disk. I think i lose all the content :(

Thanks for the help!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!