Mapping OMV Shared Folders on a Windows 11 PC

• I have installed OMV 7 on a Raspberry Pi 5 and everything seems OK.

I have created several Shared Folders inside OMV and I am now trying to display some of these folder pn my Windows 11 PC Home Screen.

1. In File Manager, Iopened My PC, clicked on the three dots and chose Map a Network Drive

2. I chose a drive letter and then, next to Folder, I selected Browse

3. In the drop-down window I see My Windows Computer and the Raspberry Pi displayed

4. I then select the Pi and I am presented with another drop-down window asking me to Enter Network Credntials for the RaspberryPi.

It is here that I run into a brick wall. Should I

1. Enter logging-in details set up for accessing the Raspberry Pi

2. Should I enter logging-in details for the OMV

Naturally I tried both but neither worked :(

Can anyone offer advice to a newbie? How do I proceed?

Thank you

Sytem: Raspberry Pi 5 running off NVMe memory added via the PCIe slot and with a 1 TB external USB 3.0 NVMe drive.. The OS is Pi 64 bit Lite and I have the latest OMV installed. I am using this setup mainly as a hobby but also as a media server. I am very new to OMV

• Sorry for the delay in replying. I have suffered seruois eye problems and I am only just geeting back again.

Many thanks for the help and clear explanation. I will follow your advice :thumbup:

Sytem: Raspberry Pi 5 running off NVMe memory added via the PCIe slot and with a 1 TB external USB 3.0 NVMe drive.. The OS is Pi 64 bit Lite and I have the latest OMV installed. I am using this setup mainly as a hobby but also as a media server. I am very new to OMV

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!