zfs pve kernel - openmediavault-zfs

• openmediavault plugin want to install zfs-dkms in OMV 7.0

the entire upgrade procedure went fine except the fact that now zfs is used via dkms module:

i have zfs with pve kernel 6.2

votdev  ryecoaaron

• disabling backports

• on OMV 6 with backport enabled:

on OMV7:

• ok solved by installing the PVE kernel 6.5 it added the pvekernel list

• I'm not sure what you are trying to show here. After what you called solved, what is the output of the following on OMV7?

uname -a

zfs -V

dkm status

dpkg -l | grep zfs

dpkg - l | grep pve

dpkfg -l | grep linux

• I'm not sure what you are trying to show here. After what you called solved, what is the output of the following on OMV7?

• installing kernel 6.5 from gui recreate pvekernel.list

• A still don't know if you are simply showing what happens if you install OMV7 from scratch, or if you've upgraded omv6 ( pve kernel + zfs) to omv7 via the current omv-release-upgrade script. Which is it?

• A still don't know if you are simply showing what happens if you install OMV7 from scratch, or if you've upgraded omv6 ( pve kernel + zfs) to omv7 via the current omv-release-upgrade script. Which is it?

This is my physical kernel upgraded and where I solve the wrong zfs version and dkms modules use.

• So you started with omv6 ( pve kernel + zfs) run the script omv-release-upgrade and rebooted on completion ad then simply installed pve kernel 6.5 and nothing else. I that correct?

yes started with omv6 ( pve kernel + zfs)
    installed 6.5 then i removed and reinstalled the openmediavault-zfs plugin

• yes started with omv6 ( pve kernel + zfs)
    installed 6.5 then i removed and reinstalled the openmediavault-zfs plugin

Exactly, so you did something else, and it has to be in the correct order to get rid of dkms. But you have a problem on any system that needs DKMS for additional drivers whether its veaam, realtek wifi, or anything else. Obviously any user would be better off removing those drivers before upgrading via the script and re-installing dkms drivers later in OMV7. The additional case to consider are those system where the users left both debian and pve kernels on their system,

Actually, this fix was obvious to me at the beginning of the week for some situations, but my thread was about the omv-release-upgrade script leaving systems in an unexpected state and booting into an old pve 11 kernel. If you compare this to starting omv6 with a debian kernel + zfs the upgrade script results in a system booting into a new debian 12 kernel etc. You're up and running with no intervention.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!