Fresh (and working) install of OMV7, however, WEBUI for "Network" --> "Interfaces" shoing blank "-" for all fields

• As mentioned, this is a fresh install of OMV. I'm new to OMV, but by no means new to linux. (I haven't dug in to see why this is happening), I'm guessing it's a bug, and honestly, more-so an annoyance than a real problem..

My DHCP server is assigning a network address to the OMV machine, and the internet works fine.

If I use the WEB-UI and navigate to [NETWORK] then [INTERFACES] I see an "eno1" and all fields are blank for IPv4 & 6.

If I select it and choose [Show Details] all of the details are correct - it shows the assigned IPv4 address and the various particulars (MAC, subnet, etc) everything.

ALSO one more bonus "WTF" moment:

When you go to [DASHBOARD] with the [NETWORK INTERFACES] widget, it shows the IPv4 address as the gateway address!?!?! "192.168.1.1" -- nope, this is not correct.

As I mentioned, I'm a brand new user of OMV and I'm excited to take this journey. I'm trying hard to refrain from cml modification of files and use the web-ui for everything, so when I see problems like this its concerning just enough to want to understand if its something I did or just a bug.

The screenshots should speak a thousand words - Thanks!

• votdev

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

If I use the WEB-UI and navigate to [NETWORK] then [INTERFACES] I see an "eno1" and all fields are blank for IPv4 & 6.

This is OK because this page shows the network interface configuration, and not the current info. If you want to see them in that page, click the details action button.

ALSO one more bonus "WTF" moment:

When you go to [DASHBOARD] with the [NETWORK INTERFACES] widget, it shows the IPv4 address as the gateway address!?!?! "192.168.1.1" -- nope, this is not correct.

Nope, you've configured DHCP and not a static IP. That's maybe the reason you see an unexpected IP address in the dashboard widget. You should also keep in mind that the IP address is too long to be displayed (only the first part "192.168.1" is shown), so everything that would overlap would be cut. Hover the mouse over the widget to see the full IP address as tooltip. That's why the grid based version of this network interface widget should be used instead of the datatable one.

• votdev

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Respectfully, neither answer is a good solution (but declaring it resolved provides me an understanding I wasn't expecting either).

The system does work, so it's really just an informational bug. But still a bug in a sense of how things are communicated (or not) to a user.

1. For the DASHBOARD WIDGET, Under "IPV4 column, ADDRESS" It says, "192.168.1.1" that is indeed, the gateway address, THE IP is actually 192.168.1.21 (which is included in the screenshots), so it is NOT shortening the IP. (at the very least, it would say "192.168.1.2" and be missing a ONE in the end.
    2. For NETWORK INTERFACES, its static on the router side, but sure, DHCP for OMV. If nothing more, it's lacking in clarity because this screen LITERALLY SAYS "IPv4 ADDRESS: -" which is **not** correct. It has an address, it's just not showing it. It could! But it's only going to show it for static addresses? Seems < 50% useful. When an adapter is DHCP, thats usually when people want to know the address MORE than if they assign it statically. Having to drill down another level? Not ideal.

I like OMV so far. As a new user I can honestly say I was not expecting these two little suprises. They are misinformation or lacking information. It would probably be better to not even list those labels if the information shown isn't going to be of use.

Thank you for all the hard work on this project!

Supermicro SuperStorage 6048R-E1CR36N

OMV-7: mergerfs + snapraid

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!