After upgrade 6to7: no access to RPi through hostname

• What is the output of

Bash
    omv-confdbadm read --prettify conf.system.network.interface

I assume there is a configuration for eth0. Delete it and recreate a new config for end0.

Yes, eth0.

But I'm no expert, sorry. Could you please give more guideline how to do this change?

Maybe its described somewhere in more detail ...

Raspi 4B, 4GB RAM, SSD-Boot, 2TB & 1TB SSD as data-disks in Sata/USB enclosure, IcyBox USB3-Hub

• You can do that in the Network | Interfaces page in the UI or run omv-firstaid from CLI to reconfigure the network.

ok. This is what I thought.

omv-firstaid I tried yesterday - this made my installation unusable because it hung in between and I had to powercycle. Result: network was lost.

In GUI under Network->Interfaces I see eth0 (w no actual data - no surprise because IF is not existing).

So my plan is to (in GUI Network->Interfaces):

0- clone current sd-card to save working status

1- create new entry for end0

2- see whats happening - maybe reboot

3- if all's ok then delete entry for eth0

Would you confirm that this is the right way?

Raspi 4B, 4GB RAM, SSD-Boot, 2TB & 1TB SSD as data-disks in Sata/USB enclosure, IcyBox USB3-Hub

• Would you confirm that this is the right way?

Please, read this post and the next one:

• Everythings ok now.

To fix the omv-gui issue I followed my plan:

1. create new interface for end0

2. DON'T APPLY Yellow Banner

3. delete eth0

4. then, last apply changes in yellow banner

Issue(s) fixed:

- avahi-daemon running and working as expected in my network

- omv-gui Network->Interfaces now in line with ifconfig (both on end0 as interface name)

Can be marked as solved

• votdev

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!