resolved: after Upgrade -> dpkg: error processing package

• After the upgrade from OMV 6 to OMV 7 I get this error message if I execute omv-upgrade.

Any idea how to fix?

===============================================
    Resolved

Execute

Code
    sudo apt remove --purge nfs-common

After that the hole OMV 7 was gone. OMV website not longer reachable. ngix error 403. Container running fine after this action.
    Install openmediavault on an existing Debian following this instruction from the OMV documatation side:

Installation on Debian

Restart / reboot after the installation and OMV 7 is back. Services like NFS, Rsync, SMB/Cifs, SSH are working fine with the old configuration.

Missed: OMV-Extras 7 are vanished after the restart / reboot. Install OMV-Extras 7 with:

Code
    wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/packages/raw/master/install | bash

after the OMV-Etraxs installation I have to reinstall the missing plugins. The plugins working with the old configuration.

• pcon

Hat den Titel des Themas von „after Upgrade -> dpkg: error processing package“ zu „resolved: after Upgrade -> dpkg: error processing package“ geändert.
  • Danke für den Tipp. Ich hatte einen fast identischen Fehler. Ich hab dann deine Beschreibung durchgemacht.

OMV7 läuft jetzt wieder. Alle Docker sind auch wieder am laufen.

Leider stehen alle Plugins die ich hatte auf installiert sind aber nicht da.

Eine Deinstallation über das Web-Interface ist nicht möglich.

Eine Installation über das Terminal mit

sudo apt install openmediavault-backup

funktioniert aber die Menüpunkte werden nicht angezeigt.

Wie kann ich das noch lössen?

Now in English

Thanks for the contribution. I had an almost identical error. I then went through your description.

OMV7 is now running again. All dockers are also running again.

Unfortunately, all the plugins I had installed are not there.

Uninstalling via the web interface is not possible.

An installation via the terminal with

sudo apt install openmediavault-backup

works but the menu items are not displayed.

How can I solve this?

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

• Unfortunately, I have also noticed other problems. My plugin administration only shows version 6 plugins. No version 7. As already described in the first post above, I used

wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ckages/raw/master/install | bash

installed. How do I get the whole thing changed to V7?

Search for fix6to7

• Hello,

I think I did a terrible mistake.

I had the same problem as you pcon - I could not update installation after updating to OMV7 - and so after reading your post I executed what you have successfully done :

Code
    sudo apt remove --purge nfs-common

As you mention, I've lost access to the omv7 homepage, with the 403 Forbidden nginx error.

I'm now looking at the instructions you mention here : https://docs.openmediavault.or…stallation/on_debian.html

I did the first step, and I was asked to remove a lot of services that were not in use anymore... unfortunately, I did not write down what it was.

It did about 30 seconds of removing files... and now my server is all gone, I can't even discover it via SSH, nor ping it.

Do you think I've lost everything ?

• I have now backed up the entire partition to OMV 6 and started again.

I uninstalled all plugins beforehand.

After that

sudo omv-salt stage run deploy without error

sudo omv-upgrade all updates are on it

sudo omv-release-upgrade

runs through to the error as described above in the text.

But for me it is only OpenMediaVault.

I then removed it with sudo apt remove --purge Openmediavault

Then reinstalled using the description above.

Now with

wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…raw/master/fix6to7upgrade | sudo bash

to run the fix over it.

My web interface is running again like the first attempt. Docker is running.

Unfortunately, all plugins from version 6 are offered for installation, not from version 7.

What can I do now?

• And the outputs?

Saying "things don't work", helps nothing.

Post the outputs of:

dpkg -l | grep openm

sudo cat /usr/sbin/omv-mkaptidx

sudo rm /usr/sbin/omv-mkaptidx

wget -O - raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/master/fix6to7upgrade | sudo bash

And remember to clear the cache of the browser or launch in a private window to rule out old cache.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!