ZFS modules cannot be auto-loaded in Armbian bookworm OMV 7

• Hi,

i just newly installed Armbian_community 24.5.0-trunk.268 Bookworm with Linux 6.6.22-current -rockchip64 on my helios64.

and then install the OMV via CLI (armbian-config still not support to install OMV 7)

and then install the kernel headers via armbian-config

after that i went to OMV plugins and installed the omvextrasorg and zfs

after a reboot, i see an error:

Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information.

OMV\Rpc\Exception: Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:187

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call()

#1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()

#2 {main}

i notice in omv->filesystem, my root fs is not shown there. currently only have root fs on my sd card.

then when i check the zfs->pools, another error shown

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; zfs list -p -H -t all -o name,type 2>&1' with exit code '1': The ZFS modules cannot be auto-loaded.

Try running 'modprobe zfs' as root to manually load them.

OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; zfs list -p -H -t all -o name,type 2>&1' with exit code '1': The ZFS modules cannot be auto-loaded.

Try running 'modprobe zfs' as root to manually load them. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:247

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/share/omvzfs/Utils.php(449): OMV\System\Process->execute()

#1 /usr/share/omvzfs/Utils.php(261): OMVModuleZFSUtil::exec()

#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/zfs.inc(279): OMVModuleZFSUtil::getZFSFlatArray()

#3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceZFS->listPools()

#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(122): call_user_func_array()

#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod()

#6 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(535): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call()

#7 {main}

i tried cli but same error.

root@helios64:/# zpool status

The ZFS modules cannot be auto-loaded.

Try running 'modprobe zfs' as root to manually load them.

root@helios64:/# modprobe zfs

modprobe: FATAL: Module zfs not found in directory /lib/modules/6.6.22-current-rockchip64

does the zfs not installed properly?

i cannot find any useful log in /var/log

it is my first time use zfs and know little about OMV, i have no idea what's going on, any help, tips will be appreciated.

thanks!

bigheart

• Offizieller Beitrag

and then install the OMV via CLI (armbian-config still not support to install OMV 7)

armbian-config runs my script anyway. So, they are doing the same thing.

and then install the kernel headers via armbian-config

after that i went to OMV plugins and installed the omvextrasorg and zfs

after a reboot, i see an error:

On arm boards, installing the plugin will not always successfully build the zfs module. It sounds like it didn't on your system. You really should install zfs-dkms making sure it builds the module before installing the plugin.

I would remove zfs-dmks and the plugin. Then install zfs-dkms from the command line. Don't install the plugin until you can successfully modprobe zfs.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!