permission issue? over NFS remote mount

• I have been able to create the mount, but I am not able to get the permissions working (I think)

on the TrueNAS (NFS server) side

/mnt/hddpool/data/Media/Music/Bandname is the folder structure

dataset is at /data owner user/group is media(1001)/media(1001) perms:drwxrwxr-x

Media folder owner user/group is media(1001)/media(1001) perms:drwxrwxr-x

Music folder owner user/group is lidarr.a(1005)/media(1001) perms:drwxrwxr-x

NFS share created (not read-only)

on the OMV (client side)

remote mount NFS created and mounted (/mnt/hddpool/data remote mounted as tnasdatanfs)

OMV group media GUID 1001

OMV ID lidarr.a UID 1005 member of groups users and media

OMV extras docker-compose specified user 1005 group 1001 and map remote map
    /srv/remotemount/tnasdatanfs:/data

it mounts correctly, both in OMV remote mounts area, as well as in the container, but the data folder is empty whereas I expect to see "Media"

OMV7 on Beelink mini-PC i3-N305 32GB 500GB NVME 2TB Crucial SATA 2x2,5 intel NIC

• Offizieller Beitrag

When using Remote Mount, you're layering permissions issues.

First:
    (If you want to "write" the remote share.) The username and password that you're using in Remount Mount must have "write" access to the share, to include the entire path to the share, if the share is a nested folder. (If possible, you might consider using the TrueNAS root account and password for full access.)
    Second:
    If you're re-sharing the same remote share, as local share on OMV (along with network access); local users mush have write access to the shared folder AND SMB network share as well.
    Third:
    Dockers are another wild card with so many variables, depending on the actual Docker and how it works, well,, I can't help you there.

I would start with setting up and verifying, write access at OMV. Once that's working, then look at Docker access.

• I noted the content under srv/remotemount/ was "weird" it had old remote mounts that I had since deleted and didn't have what I expected inside, so I deleted the plugin, deleted the folders at this location (after disabling the share at the source) and then reinstalled the plugin and added the remote map once more. So far it seems to be working as expected.

I was worried I was going to accidentally delete from the source, and I knew of no other way to clean up the content of srv/remotemount/ ... but it seems to have worked.

Note: I believe these folders that were sticking around were actually created because I still had docker containers referencing them.

OMV7 on Beelink mini-PC i3-N305 32GB 500GB NVME 2TB Crucial SATA 2x2,5 intel NIC

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mervincm () aus folgendem Grund: added new learnings

• PC I am assuming that the /srv/remountmount is the local mount location of that external NFS share. I had no intention of resharing locally or over the network. It seems to me that this is the cleanest way to get OMV hosted apps access to my media files stored elsewhere.

• mervincm

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • mervincm

Hat das Label OMV 7.x hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I noted the content under srv/remotemount/ was "weird" it had old remote mounts that I had since deleted and didn't have what I expected inside, so I deleted the plugin, deleted the folders at this location (after disabling the share at the source) and then reinstalled the plugin and added the remote map once more. So far it seems to be working as expected.

I've never seen that before but, when I got them working I can't remember changing them thereafter.

I was worried I was going to accidentally delete from the source, and I knew of no other way to clean up the content of srv/remotemount/

If you need to delete a Mount that has write access at the source, you could change the username and password to something that doesn't exist at the remote source, save it (then verify that the mount is, in fact, not mounted), and finally delete it.

• mervincm

Hat das Label gelöst entfernt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!