Disk model keeps changing when I go view S.M.A.R.T

• Hello.

I've got an openmediavault VM running on a Proxmox server to which I have connected Qnap TR-004 via USB. The Qnap is then passed through as an USB device, so OMV sees it as it is.

I have 3 drives in it currently, two 500GB (used) and a new 1 TB drive. The new drive displayed smart right from the start, the old drives had to be zeroed out (only did one so far).

Problem is that it keeps changing it's model in the SMART - Devices tab. Sometimes it's ST500DM009-2F110A, then I refresh and it's TR-004 DISK01, sometimes it shows status sometimes it says unknown. Does anyone know why it might be happening or has someone encountered this before? The whole virtualization aspect shouldn't be problematic, since the drives aren't even registered by Proxmox, it's directly passed through to the VM.

Here is a video of it happening:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Any help is appreciated. It's not really causing any problems, it's just annoying and I don't like it.

edit: I also should mention that the 2 drives that are problematic were formatted by OMV, while the one that's static is the one that was formatted by Proxmox and I haven't gotten around to zeroing it out yet.

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!