Help and questions on Mergerfs, SnapRAID sync, scrub, diff

• For the moment I am using OMV as backup for my desktop, laptop and other thing I have on the network using SybcBackFree that I run from my windows

I have 2 identical drives installed for storage and was able to easily follow tutorials and install SnapRAID and mergerfs.

I did that with the help of these tutorials:

Setting up MergerFS SnapRaid and file server on OpenMediaVault
    In this video, I show how to setup a storage pool with drive failure protection using MergerFS and SnapRAID alongwith createing a file server with NFS and Sa...
    www.youtube.com

Setting up SnapRAID + mergerfs on OpenMediaVault... better than UnRAID for mixed drive sizes
    One correction that I need to make for this video for SnapRAID is that after adding the drives and settings you need to click the wrench/screwdriver icon in ...
    www.youtube.com

I do not clearly understand the difference and purpose for sync, scrub, diff the order and frequency they should run with - maybe someone can help explain for a noob in this area

As settings I have now for SnapRAID:

Scrub frequency 1

Scrub percentage 5

Update treshold 0

Delete treshold 50

One of the disks is set as data and the other as parity

The first question/problem I have is that the automatically created Scheduled task, does not work. So I have no parity over the data I copied.

This is the command of the automatically created Scheduled task:

for conf in /etc/snapraid/omv-snapraid-*.conf; do /usr/sbin/omv-snapraid-diff ${conf}; done

And when I run it, I get this error:

How do I fix it? I have absolutely no idea what the issue is and how to se this up (and I'm too old to learn all this now :D)

I have seen a recommendation on a different post to use this: https://github.com/auanasgheps/snapraid-aio-script

I just need to set it up and forget about it...OR and this takes me to the second question:

As alternative with which I would be more comfortable with, is to give up on the parity and just do regular back-ups somewhere else.

In that case, would I still need need SnapRAID? From my understanding the answer is no, and it would be enough to se the file systems and create the pool

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • I suggest you read the SnapRAID manual to familiarize yourself with the program.

SnapRAID

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I suggest you read the SnapRAID manual to familiarize yourself with the program.

https://www.snapraid.it/

I have but found nothing to help me figure out how to set that recurrent task. (which i see says diff and I also need sync) My linux knowledge if limited..

Now after few more searches I realizes I had to run the first Sync manually (as written here) but that gave an error.

I tried "Prehash+Sync" (no clue what this one does differently) but it worked, i let i running for a couple a minutes, then stopped it and after I saw the parity disk occupied as much as the data disk. What actually happened? No way it could have been copied that fast.

Now I run again the Sync which this time works

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!