ZFS Scrub problem

• Good day members.

After recent update I'm unable to perform scrub on ZFS on two small NAS systems

I on both NAS Boxes i tried rebooting, i tried deferent browser and still unable to perform it

I got message that one disk is bad on one box right after i attempted starting scrub and on NAS_#_2 there are not problem with ZFS but i get same response

ANY HELP

Thanks

Here is what i get as message,

• I looked around and found another disk on shelf,

Installed it tried adding it (ZFS > Pools > Expand > Pool_NAME_Z1 > Basic > Device_ANOTHER_HDD > By ID > Force Creation > Scrub

When i tried to add a disk via logical way

Selecting Existing Pool, Raid-Config, Blank_Disk, and then OMV DOES NOT ALLOW because it was saying that i had to have minimum of 3 disks available

and now this is what i have (Check Code).....

" I " think it would be VARY nice if it was made MUCH MUCH MUCH easier just to have FEW more option available via GUI

ZFS > Pool > Disks > Offline(for the disk #) >

shutdown NAS,

Uninstall/Reinstall Disk,

Power-up NAS,

ZFS > Pool > Disks > Offline_DISK > Add to Pool > Rebuild

I just honestly DO NOT understand how this GUI works, because you got to go 2~4 other places to get it working instead of one single place....(check my POORLY developed picture)

What's the version of OMV & output of "zfs -V" at CLI. What was the update? Does the scrub reach 100% & complete on NAS_#_2?

• Just when i though live can't get any better i got this

At the CLI:

Code
    zfs replace Z1 1193200083042633166 ata-ST2000DM001-1CH164_Z1E727QX
  • I looked around and found another disk on shelf,

Installed it tried adding it (ZFS > Pools > Expand > Pool_NAME_Z1 > Basic > Device_ANOTHER_HDD > By ID > Force Creation > Scrub

When i tried to add a disk via logical way

Selecting Existing Pool, Raid-Config, Blank_Disk, and then OMV DOES NOT ALLOW because it was saying that i had to have minimum of 3 disks available

and now this is what i have (Check Code).....

Why would you think a zfs "Expand" command via the WebUI had anything to do with replacing a failed disk? There is no ability to replace a failed disk via the WebUi, the CLI has to be used. The WebUI/CLI will not prevent you from making administrative mistakes. What is the current state of your pool?

• Statues of ZFS Pool = ZERO

I installed another used HDD,

Trying via GUI adding another disk, i was not successful

I used CLI there i was not success either

I rebooted and ZFS Pool was no longer visible via GUI or CLI nor i was able to import as i did before in an older version of OMV when i lost system drive.

I Uninstalled ZFS Option on OMV and Installed Multiple Device option and now i'm in process of creating RAID 5,

once i'm done creating RAID_5, i'll try to simulate failure of 1 drive and add another one to see how that will work.

I'll also start looking for another solution to be a bullet-prof with less hassles when it comes to replacing failed disk(s) (similar to DROBO when i had it LONG time ago). That WON'T use ZFS,, That would be PLUG-N-PLAY, able to work with different brands of disks and sizes.

Thanks For you help mate

Why would you think a zfs "Expand" command via the WebUI had anything to do with replacing a failed disk? There is no ability to replace a failed disk via the WebUi, the CLI has to be used. The WebUI/CLI will not prevent you from making administrative mistakes. What is the current state of your pool?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!