How can i setup Open media vault if i dont have the light os installed

• How can i setup Open media vault if i dont have the light os installed. I installed the regular OS because i was having major issues trying to sign into SSH and I prefer not to go through the struggle of that again. is there an easy way to install it on the full version without needing the light OS. Im trying to install this on a raspberry pi 5

• KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

There probably is (there always is), but nobody here will help you do it. All it's going to do is ultimately start to break things and then you'll be running here wanting help.

The smarter choice would be to provide a detailed explanation of what your problem is, and see if someone can help you.

Saying "I'm having major problems doing X" tells nobody anything.

• i was having major issues trying to sign into SSH and I prefer not to go through the struggle of that again

All you need is to use the proper instructions and you will be running OMV in no time:

omv7:raspberry_pi_install [omv-extras.org]

How can i setup Open media vault if i dont have the light os installed

If you mean, by having the Desktop version of RaspiOS, then NO, you can't.

is there an easy way to install it on the full version without needing the light OS

It's not easy and the time you would waist is bigger than just following the proper instructions as mentioned in the beginning.

If you want to learn and test, you will have to uninstall all references of the Desktop on the running sytem.

This, you will have to find on your own because, as KM0201 already mentioned, noone will guide you through it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!