Problem installing OMV 7.0.32

• Hi all,

I am trying to repair a failed OMV 5 machine (HP Gen 7 microserver) which appears to have a corrupted/damaged boot SSD.

I downloaded the latest ISO "openmediavault_7.0-32-amd64.iso" onto a USB stick and when I boot from it, the process stops after:-

Code
    GRUB loading.
    Welcome to GRUB!

The error is

Code
    error: file '/boot/grub/i386-pc/normal.mod' not found.
    Entering rescue mode...
    grub rescue>

From what I can gather, this seems to imply that a non-UEFI version is trying to boot. This is sensible, as the HP Gen 7 is a legacy boot machine. However, if I check the contents of the iso file on my Windows machine, the "/boot/grub" directory does not contain an "i386-pc" directory. There are directories called "i386-efi" and "x86_64-efi" which both contain (among other files) the "normal.mod" file.

What am I doing wrong? I was able to install OMV 5 ages ago and don't recall any issues. I have disconnected all the other drives (SSD boot and 2 HHDs which are a RAID mirror), so only the USB stick is involved.

Thanks

Mick

• chente

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • mick_d

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Problem installing OMV 7.0.32“ zu „[SOLVED] Problem installing OMV 7.0.32“ geändert.
  • Problem was badly construced image on USB stick ;(

I have changed the original title to indicate the issue as SOLVED. Not sure if this is correct. I couldn't find a SOLVED button.

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • ryecoaaron

Hat den Titel des Themas von „[SOLVED] Problem installing OMV 7.0.32“ zu „Problem installing OMV 7.0.32“ geändert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!