xwiki docker-compose fail do to nexus connection error

• Hi there,

I recently tried to run xwiki with docker-compose, just like the README explain, basically there is nothing to do but download the required files and then execute docker-compose up.

But at some point I have this error (will print the entire stack trace):

any clue ?

Thanks !

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I just added an xwiki example compose to the compose plugin. It works without making any changes.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

No link needed. In the compose plugin on the Files tab, use the Add example option from the add menu. It will be listed under xwiki. Read this - https://wiki.omv-extras.org/do…v7_plugins:docker_compose

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

• wait, in that case I misunderstood what you said. First of all, what is the problem I'm seeing when I run docker-compose up ? For what I can tell the java app running inside the container is trying to download a jar from a nexus server (but for some reason it can not reach out and time out). That's what chatGPT and myself could figure out hehe. From there I have no idea.

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

what is the problem I'm seeing when I run docker-compose up ?

No idea. I have never used xwiki before and don't know what your compose file looks like. I don't like java apps either. I just found a compose on the xwiki github page and it worked when I tried it. So, I added it to the example list for the compose plugin. We can possibly help with something wrong in the compose file but unlikely to be able to help with an xwiki problem.

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Was there any particular reason for picking xwiki over wikijs

I can add both to the examples. I didn't really pick one over the other. I had never heard of xwiki before and used the source github repo and compose file. And when I tried the xwiki compose, it worked. Is there a reason to prefer the linuxserver compose/image?

• ryecoaaron I've not used xwiki or wikijs, but I would have thought wikijs would fit with users of swag as there is a subdomain proxy conf for wikijs. The xwiki image is large at 1.15GB for the web container, plus 431MB for the postgres container. The linuxserverio container images are usually pretty light in comparison, only circa 400MB for the wikijs sqlite version which is node.js based and it can run as a non-root user.

The compose file for xwiki you just added does appear to download and function OK.

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I would have thought wikijs would fit with users of swag as there is a subdomain proxy conf for wikijs. The xwiki image is large at 1.15GB for the web container, plus 431MB for the postgres container. The linuxserverio container images are usually pretty light in comparison, only circa 400MB for the wikijs sqlite version which is node.js based and it can run as a non-root user.

ok, I will add it.

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

wikijs in the examples now.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!