SMB shares access denied after Filebrowser Plugin?

• Hi everyone,

i am a little bit lost here. My problem:

- I upgraded from OMV 6 to 7 -> everything went good and everything looked fine after the upgrade (SMB shares worked)

- after that i installed the Filebrowser Plugin (don't ask why ... i don't know ... it sounded good but i think i misunderstood the use of this plugin)

-> after that all my SMB shares weren't working at all; i receive "access denied" errors on all clients (PC, Mobile, etc.)

I tested the following:

- deinstalled the filebrowser plugin -> no changes

- created a new test user, a new test shared folder, a new test SMB share for this test folder and test user -> same access denied error for this test

I don't get it and i am out of ideas (i am a linux noob so my problem solving skills are limited X/ )
    I would highly appreciate your help!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards

Christian

• chente

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Hi everyone,

i solved it. The problem was that the filesystem of my external harddisk (where the shares are) was mounted with:

drwx--S---

So only the owner (root) had rights to work with the filesystem.

I tested to mount an other disc and created a new filesystem and had a look into /srv/ to see how the "correct" rights should be. And these rights where:

drwxrwxr-x

So i changed the rights of my original external drive/filesystem with:

sudo chmod 775 /srv/disk-name

and voila -> the shares are back online and i can access them.

Maybe someone will find this and it maybe helps ;)

kind regards

Christian

• CSeifert

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • CSeifert

Hat das Label OMV 7.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!