VirtualBox Plugin Error: phpVirtualBox on Feydakin

• Hi,

I'm getting this error right after launching phpvirtualbox: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7549251/phpvirtualbox_error.png

I made a fresh 0.3 install in a Vmware, upgraded to 0.4.0.2 following the instructions, and installed Virtualbox plugin.

It seems that the Virtualbox plugin, installs 4.1.22, and looks like it's not compatible with phpVirtualBox 4.2

This is the installation output of virtualbox (which looks good): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/75492…ualbox_install_output.txt

Best regards,

XoN

• I also tried copying phpvirtualbox 4.1-11 files into /usr/share/phpvirtualbox just for testing, and seems that works fine... all except the Remote Console which I'm not able to enable in any way.

Of course this is not a error to solve, since I probably removed something required to work with OMV :D

• Offizieller Beitrag

From what I read, the author of phpvirtualbox says the versions must match. I'm sure Marcel can fix the plugin to reflect this.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin downloads phpvirtualbox, right? If so, wouldn't you need to download phpvirtualbox 4.1 if you are using virtualbox 4.1 and phpvirtualbox 4.2 if you are using virtualbox 4.2? Sorry, I don't know enough about the plugins :(

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• Hi Marcel, i'm not a programmer so it's possible i'm writing stupid things.
    I noticed that during plugin installation it installs at the end an old version of extension.
    Looking at the script "openmediavault-virtualbox.postinst" (https://github.com/OMV-Plugins…vault-virtualbox.postinst) at the end it calls
    Line 80 sudo wget -P /tmp http://download.virtualbox.org…_Pack-4.1.16.vbox-extpack
    Line 81 sudo VBoxManage extpack install --replace /tmp/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-4.1.16.vbox-extpack
    Line 82 sudo rm -rf /tmp/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-4.1.16.vbox-extpack

Is it possible that it replaces the installed Extension Pack with an old one?

Please don't kill me if i'm writing silly things :D

• the other day i first installed virtualbox 4.2 and wanted to use the plugin afterwards which removed 4.2 and installed 4.1.

right now i can't test it, but it should work with replacing the packages with the new ones (including the requirements) and the script wich is executed at the end of the installation which is downloading the Extension Pack to download the right one.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Once virtualbox 4.1 is installed, I don't think it ever updates to 4.2 because they are two different packages (virtualbox-4.1 and virtualbox-4.2). There could be two plugins?? One for 4.1 and one for 4.2.

• installing virtualbox-4.2 automatically removes 4.1

4.2 would be of great help to me, as I'm using kernel 3.6.1 and virtualbox 4.1 kernel driver doesn't compile under kernel 3.6.1 ( 4.2 compiles fine, but then I can't use the omv-virtualbox plugin )

• Hello,

i finally got VirtualBox-4.2 and phpvirtualbox-4.2 working.
    - deinstalled everything regarding virtualbox (virtualbox-4.1 on commandline and the omv-virtualbox plugin via webgui)
    - built a new omv-virtualbox plugin (.deb package -> see steps below)
    - installed virtualbox-4.2 via apt-get on cli
    - installed the new omv-virtualbox plugin via web gui and activated it
    -> finish -> enjoy !

Here are the steps i walked through to build the .deb package

# everything done on a separate development machine (here: Ubuntu-12.10 64bit) with internet access:

# now, on the omv-server:

... enjoy virtualbox-4.2 and phpvirtualbox-4.2 on your openmediavault :)

• Thanks for the guide,

A couple things have gone a little off track for me.

The system I am trying to build with is as follows:

Code
    cat /proc/version
    Linux version 3.2.0-34-generic (buildd@allspice) (gcc version 4.6.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) ) #53-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 15 10:48:16 UTC 2012

First, when I do grep -lr 4\.1* I get the following

Code
    matt@*******:/usr/local/src/openmediavault/openmediavault-virtualbox$ grep -lr 4\.1 *
    debian/changelog
    usr/share/openmediavault/locale/fr_FR/openmediavault-virtualbox.po

As you can see, debian/rules and debian/control are not listed and it's openmediavault-virtualbox.po, not .postinst. As I expected, the lines you asked me to edit out were not there in those two files.

debian/control had the following line:

Code
    Depends: ${misc:Depends}, openmediavault (>= 0.4) , virtualbox-4.2, makepasswd, wget

debian/changelog and usr/share/openmediavault/locale/fr_FR/openmediavault-virtualbox.postinst were the same as your instructions.

When I get to the part where I am to run debuild -uc -us, I believe it executes as expected:

Now, fakeroot debian/rules binary gives the following error:

Code
    matt@******:/usr/local/src/openmediavault/openmediavault-virtualbox$ fakeroot debian/rules binary
    debian/rules:3: build_scripts/openmediavault.mk: No such file or directory
    make: *** No rule to make target `build_scripts/openmediavault.mk'.  Stop.

So... what did I do wrong?

• Good evening,

Some one could help to install openmediavault-virtualbox on my NAS,
    For the storys, I installed a fresh Debian inside (net install), I don't why he charge the Jessie in it, but don't worry I install inside OMV with the same trick of wheezy and somme arengement from over blog on of the net.

So, I managded with succes openmediavault-nut (I have less haire now :lol: ), but now I'm trying without the same succesfull for OMV-VBX.
    It's ok to install the last version of VB from Debian jessie with succes, always with somes tricks, but not so deep like OMV-NUT ; but can't win to install the OMV-VBX version with your guide upside.

Some body can tell me how can I do that job ?
    I know, it's crazy to have OVM on Jessie... but it's work good without issues and better than wheezy. When I tried wheezy to upgrade the kernel, it was the up side down on my OMV installation.

In resume, Jessie version it's the clean version of wheezy, I hope the day of the next OMV grade update ! :ugeek:
    Thank for all and please escuse my english ; I try to do my best.
    And I'm sorry again because the only way to post my entire message, is to parcel it or whether I have the spam message warning

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von davidh2k () aus folgendem Grund: Edit by Davidh2k: Reason: Merged Doubleposts

• Offizieller Beitrag

The virtualbox plugin doesn't work with the latest virtualbox because it uses phpvirtualbox which is not maintained anymore. You need to use virtualbox 4.2.4 which probably will not work on jessie. Getting all this to work together (let alone by themselves) on jessie will be an even bigger challenge. Even omv 0.6 will be based on Wheezy not jessie. So, I highly recommend you reinstall and go back to squeeze.

• Thank you davidh2k to have unify my last posts.
    Thank you ryecoaaron for yor reply.

I have no issues with jessie so I stay on it at the moment, wait and see...
    When I will have more time, I will try to manadge VB 4.2.4 and report you if it work on jessie ; it's not my priority.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!