openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• </var/lib/mediabrowser> to </media/db861eca-ea3d-40fb-bc9c-76c5d0b2044e/mediabrowser>... - exist without files&folder.
    /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg' - doesn't exist.
    /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/mediabrowser.inc - exist
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc - exist
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc - exist
    #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc - exist
    #8 /usr/sbin/omv-engined - exist

• Made zip file of the ffmpeg folder. Move it to vm where mediabrowser not working. Unzipped and put in location where Miller designated it to be.

Then I was able to enable and apply the plugin. The database folder moved fine to the data drive. Working...

It seems it did not download that folder.

Can we host that folder or is there legal issue????

• I just upgraded my mediabrowser package to 1.0.4. In the process the package reported that it was moving my program data from the old location /opt/mediabrowser/ProgramData-Server to /var/lib/mediabrowser. This proceeded without issue but upon accessing the web interface after the update I was greeted with the program initialization screen as if there was no database present. Upon investigation it appears that the package had moved the data to /var/lib/mediabrowser/ProgramData-Server and a couple of mv commands later all was well again.

I'm guessing there's an spurious "/" in the data migration command?

• Bash
    if omv_config_exists "${SERVICE_XPATH}"; then
              data_directory="$(omv_config_get "${SERVICE_XPATH}/db-folder")"
              xmlstarlet ed -L -u "${SERVICE_XPATH}/old_db-folder" -v "" -n ${OMV_CONFIG_FILE}
          fi

extracts the data_directory from config.xml

Bash
    if [ "${data_directory}" = "" ]; then
              data_directory="/var/lib/${SERVICE}"
          fi

sets the data_directory to /var/lib/mediabrowser ONLY if it was empty (no XML-entry) before. So what happens, if the data_directory was /opt/mediabrowser before?
    Maybe something like that happend to Herbie

Edit:
    this is IMO also very dangerous:

Bash
    rm -rf ${current_data_directory}/cache
          rm -rf ${current_data_directory}/config
          rm -rf ${current_data_directory}/data
          rm -rf ${current_data_directory}/ffmpeg
          rm -rf ${current_data_directory}/ImagesByName
          rm -rf ${current_data_directory}/localization
          rm -rf ${current_data_directory}/logs

What if the "cp"-commads before throw an error? Then all the dirs are deleted
    I think it is better to add a function like this:

Bash
    f_check_success() {
        if [ $? -gt 0 ]; then
    ERRORCOUNT=$(($ERRORCOUNT + 1 ))
    fi

and then before the "cp"-commands:

Bash
    if [ $ERRORCOUNT = 0 ]; then
    fi

just my 2cts

• So, i delete today the empty folders and start the plugin again. No error comming. But the mediacenter doesn't start. If i click on "restart" this error come:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rc.d 'mediabrowser' restart 2>&1': Stopping mediabrowser start-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 8098: No such process No process in pidfile '/var/run/mediabrowser/mediabrowser.pid' found running; none killed. invoke-rc.d: initscript mediabrowser, action "restart" failed.

If i disable the plugin the same error come again:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rc.d 'mediabrowser' stop 2>&1': Stopping mediabrowser start-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 8098: No such process No process in pidfile '/var/run/mediabrowser/mediabrowser.pid' found running; none killed. invoke-rc.d: initscript mediabrowser, action "stop" failed.

:rolleyes:

• There is this in the mkconf but I have not seen this directory:

Code
    if [ -d "${INSTALL_DIR}/ProgramData-Server" ]; then
            echo "Moving data directory from <${INSTALL_DIR}/ProgramData-Server> to <${data_directory}>..."
            if [ ! -d "${data_directory}/ProgramData-Server" ]; then
                cp -rf ${INSTALL_DIR}/ProgramData-Server ${data_directory}
                chown -R ${RUN_AS}:${RUN_GRP} ${data_directory}
        fi
    fi
  • Solo, what you are looking at it just is saying before the service is enabled that the data directory variable will be:

/var/lib/mediabrowser

when a new voulume is chosen in the Setting.js then the location is save in the xml file and extracted and then the data directory variable will be /media/uuid/mediabrowser

• I believe the previous version I had installed was 1.0.0 which was before the program data directory was configurable and was stored in /opt/mediabrowser/ProgramData-Server. The new version has an option to change this location but I haven't used that option at all, just upgraded the package to the new version. During the package upgrade my data was moved from /opt/mediabrowser/ProgramData-Server to /var/lib/mediabrowser/ProgramData-Server whilst the config is now:

I then manually moved the contents of /var/lib/mediabrowser/ProgramData-Server to /var/lib/mediabrowser.

Edit: I've just now noticed this is mentioned as a known issue by Sergio in the second post. Probably should have read that first...

• Solo, what you are looking at it just is saying before the service is enabled that the data directory variable will be:

/var/lib/mediabrowser

when a new voulume is chosen in the Setting.js then the location is save in the xml file and extracted and then the data directory variable will be /media/uuid/mediabrowser

Ah, OK
    Please have a look at my edit in the thread above also

• here's what's in /var/lib/mediabrowser (i.e. what was in /var/lib/mediabrowser/ProgramData-Server)

$ ls -l /var/lib/mediabrowser/
    total 40
    drwxr-xr-x 21 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 21 15:31 cache
    drwxr-xr-x 4 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 21 15:27 config
    drwxr-xr-x 9 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 21 15:28 data
    drwxr-xr-x 3 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 21 14:17 ffmpeg
    drwxr-xr-x 11 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 21 14:17 ImagesByName
    drwxr-xr-x 2 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 21 14:17 localization
    drwxr-xr-x 2 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 22 00:00 logs
    drwxr-xr-x 4 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 21 14:17 plugins
    drwxr-xr-x 3 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 21 14:17 root
    drwxr-xr-x 2 mediabrowser nogroup 4096 Nov 21 14:17 transcoding-temp

and I'm using 64bit.

• how can i make a folder on a other disk to a media folder in the mediabrowser? How can i link it?

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Thanks Heribie, it is what I thought. There seems to be different packages.

New version 1.0.5
    MediaBrowser plugin Version 1.0.5 (openmediavault-mediabrowser)

happyracer, you want to make sure the shared folder on the 2nd data drive is chown root:users and then you create symbolic link from one drive to another. It just woke up. If you give me paths of the folder that contains the data that you want to show on the 1st drive and the path to the folder on the first drive I will tell you how later today.

• I have in the plugin the

Code
    /media/b01868ac-a192-45e5-879b-b7373250f830/mediabrowser/

folder and my movies are on

Code
    /media/c67987d2-a53a-4776-997a-5171f6985ab6/Videos/

with subfolders.

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!