openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• No, you should not lose any meta data. This plugin is getting things from 4 places. The plugin is from one of the OMV Extras repos. Mono is coming from a Xmarin repo. Emby is coming from a Emby's github. And there are some libraries I built, for various cpus, coming from my Github.

GOD I'm dumb.

I confused thinking that "FORCE UPDATE" would appear next to "Restart Server" but no... Now I rememebered that it is in WebGUI of OMV in Emby Server part.

That worked. I Forced the update, restarted the server, the page, and I'm in 3.0.5821.0.

THANKS!

• I get this when trying to force update emby, any ideas how to fix?

Code
    Updating Emby...
    Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/sbin/update-rc.d line 490.
    update-rc.d: warning:  start runlevel arguments (none) do not match emby Default-Start values (2 3 4 5)
    update-rc.d: warning:  stop runlevel arguments (none) do not match emby Default-Stop values (0 1 6)
    update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing
    Can't exec "insserv": No such file or directory at /usr/sbin/update-rc.d line 406.
    update-rc.d: error: insserv rejected the script header

Cheers.

• here you go:

• Code
    alex@openmediavault:~$ sudo update-rc.d -f emby remove
    [sudo] password for alex: 
    alex@openmediavault:~$ sudo update-rc.d emby defaults

made no change to the error

• not sure if relevant, but i get his repaeting in my syslog log:

Code
    omv-engined[51921]: Failed to write to socket: Broken pipe
  • Code
    root@openmediavault:/home/alex# update-rc.d -f emby remove
    root@openmediavault:/home/alex# update-rc.d emby defaults

tried as root and no change.

sudo su to root, was that ok?

• @ryecoaaron You have any idea on his error message?

Code
    Updating Emby...
    Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/sbin/update-rc.d line 490.
    update-rc.d: warning:  start runlevel arguments (none) do not match emby Default-Start values (2 3 4 5)
    update-rc.d: warning:  stop runlevel arguments (none) do not match emby Default-Stop values (0 1 6)
    Can't exec "insserv": No such file or directory at /usr/sbin/update-rc.d line 406.
    update-rc.d: error: insserv rejected the script header

Had him force remove and update to defaults again...

• Offizieller Beitrag

@ryecoaaron &nbsp; &nbsp;You have any idea on his error message?<span style="line-height:1.28">

Seems like it is having issues calling the init script which obviously exists. Seems like a flash failing type of issue. And yes, I know flashmemory is installed. Not sure what else it could be.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I have purged openvpn plugin and no change.(as root)

I am running off a USB, and i do have the flash plugin installed.

So a re-install would be the best best?

I know you dont recommend memory sticks, but if you had to, is there any certain one or type you recommend?

• Did you run this stick a while without the flash memory plugin? I think it is bad.

I have no clue which ones are good. There are more durable ones with wear leveling I believe. Maybe someone else in forum will give you some ideas. I just have a few cheap ones.

For SSDs I recommend Intel, Crucial or Samsung.

I don't recommend USB Sticks because of bad experiences with them. They are getting better and more durable though.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!