openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• tekkb - good job, but what about 32 bit version ? :/ It`s possible to do it for 32 bit version ? I use Dell Wyse FX170 with Intel Atom N270 1.6 GHz :/
    thank you in advance for your help

• Yeap, for transcoding this CPU isn`t a good option, but I use Samba without transcoding ;) MB only work as a content browser etc.
    I use a raspb with Kodi and MB plugin as player and this "set" working ok.

• *** ATTENTION 32 BIT USERS ***
    Make sure you uninstall ImageMagick before you install the package below.

Do this to see if you have it installed:

dpkg -l | grep imagemagick

Anything that comes up uninstall it before installing my ImageMagick package.

*** THIS FIX IS ONLY FOR 32 bit USERS ***

First install these packages:

apt-get install libtiff4 libxext6

32 bit packages for ImageMagick and webp:

https://github.com/tekkbebe/OM…magick-6.9.1_1-1_i386.zip

https://github.com/tekkbebe/OM…/libwebp_0.4.3-1_i386.zip

Copy wget commands and paste them in Putty to download:

Code
    wget https://github.com/tekkbebe/OMV.Resources/raw/master/libs/imagemagick-6.9.1_1-1_i386.zip
    wget https://github.com/tekkbebe/OMV.Resources/raw/master/libs/libwebp_0.4.3-1_i386.zip

unzip and install with dpkg -i

Run this command:
    ldconfig /usr/local/lib

Now make sure your config files match the 2nd post on pg. 23

Then 32 bit users should be able to start Emby.

PS- I tested it with David's 32 bit OMV 1 appliance and it worked.

• @tekkb nice what you do!

But now its time to make a pluginupdate. Who work for these? ?(

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tekkb ()

• Emby: what user name which password?
    Emby does not start automatically at boot time, especially after a click on the button " Restart" ; why?

2 BananaPi, 1 OrangePiPC+, 1 OrangePiPC with OMV 6.0.x

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von omavoss ()

• @happyreacer, with packages I've created it is relatively easy to upgrade the plugin. I am going to create a deb filer for installing webp for the 64 bit version too. All that has to be done is host the deb packages in one of the omx extra repos, some dependencies added to the control file, change user created to emby (using adduser method at top of this page) and change the RUN_AS user. Some other small changes to the mkonf file and init script too. Using emby as the user is better than mediabrowser because when processes are listed it shows as name "emby". When mediabrowser name is used it is to long so uid shows in process list. Talk to Sergio.

@omavoss, did you do the fixes on 2nd post on page 23? You start with "service mediabrowser start".

• Do this:

service mediabrowser stop
    userdel mediabrowser
    adduser --quiet --system --ingroup users --no-create-home --disabled-password mediabrowser
    cd /opt
    chown -R mediabrowser:users mediabrowser
    cd /var/lib
    chown -R mediabrowser:users mediabrowser

Then you can start it again:
    service mediabrowser start

• Hey, I make it:

[code]
    Last login: Thu Apr 16 09:37:15 2015 from gigabyte-quad.local
    root@omv-fsc:~# service mediabrowser stop
    Stopping mediabrowser
    Removing stale pid file
    root@omv-fsc:~# userdel mediabrowser
    root@omv-fsc:~#
    root@omv-fsc:~# adduser --quiet --system --ingroup users --no-create-home --disabled-password mediabrowser
    root@omv-fsc:~# cd /opt
    root@omv-fsc:/opt# chown -R mediabrowser:users mediabrowser
    root@omv-fsc:/opt# cd /var/lib
    root@omv-fsc:/var/lib# chown -R mediabrowser:users mediabrowser
    root@omv-fsc:/var/lib# service mediabrowser start
    Starting mediabrowser
    root@omv-fsc:/var/lib#
    [/code ]

Thank you; the results come over.

EDIT:
    Here the results:

• I think it is because of a weak cpu and you are transcoding video. Are you running it in a browser??? Is it video or music???

If you run in another client, a hardware client that does not need trasncoding, it will not be that high.

• Hey tekkb,
    I'am happy over Mediabrowser and here the Music played ..

Das System stellt erst mal alle Inhalte in einer Liste her, und das kann dauern. 4 TB Filme, Musik, Bilder ...

Ich wollte einfach nur darstellen, dass mein OMV-System mit dem Dual-Core und 64bit-System gut in der Lage ist, den Mediabrowser zu bedienen.

Viele Grüße.

2 BananaPi, 1 OrangePiPC+, 1 OrangePiPC with OMV 6.0.x

• In your picture minidlna and clamd were high too. I dunno. You just have to watch but video should be streamed to another device. Transcoding will take a lot of cpu for 720p and 1080p on that old cpu.

Music should not be high cpu even with transcoding. I only get like 2-5% cpu on a virtual machine.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!