OMV is not suspending

• Hello,

I'm new to OMV with some rough experience in Linux OS. After installation OMV on my NAS serwer built on Zotac ION ITX motherboard most of the things goes smoothly except suspending the system. I've been trying to do this by WEB GUI menu as well as by cmd command "pm-suspend". I wasn't succesful as well with Autoshutdown script when chosen suspend action. When I am trying to shutdown serwer in all those three cases it shuts down properly. When I am trying to reboot - it does the same. Only when trying to suspend or hibernate, computer is trying to suspend, HDD is spinning down, but then suddenly it goes back to normal work.

When I try to suspend it from the WEB GUI I get error message like following:

Code
    Failed to read from socket: Interrupted system call

Error #7003:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to read from socket: Interrupted system call' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc:168
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcproxy.inc(125): OMVRpc::exec('System', 'standby', NULL, Array, 3)
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(32): OMVJsonRpcProxy->handle()
    #2 {main}

I don't know how to debug what is happening when I call "pm-suspend" or "pm-hibernate" in the command line. In case anyone could tell me how to do it I can post the result here.

This issue is present just after fresh installation - I've been repeating installation several times due to different reasons.
    My installation details:

May I ask for support on this subject? Let me know how can I help You to debug my issue.

Best regards,
    Voncky

• In following four cases suspend or hibernate is not succesful:
    - WEB GUI
    - command line
    - autoshutdown plugin
    - pressing power button

Shutdown or reboot is succesful in all of them (whenever applicable).

I went to BIOS and made several changes related to ACPI or Power Management and it didn't help. I loaded optimal default settings and it didn't help. Regardless of the Suspend mode (Auto / POS / STR) suspend is not working.
    I though that maybe something is waking up my computer from network, so I disconnect it from the network and run "pm-suspend" from cmd line. Computer did the same thing as in other cases: tried to go to sleep, but suddenly, just before HDD finished spinning down, it woked up automatically and went back to normal work.

I've made additional loops of suspend and post here log from "/var/log/pm-suspend.log":
    1. Cleared log by "cat /dev/null > /var/log/pm-suspend.log"
    2. Reboot computer
    3. Tried suspend it over WEB GUI
    4. Tried suspend it over command line "pm-suspend"

Found some "failed" inputs:

Code
    Running hook /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/55NetworkManager suspend suspend_hybrid:
    Having NetworkManager put all interaces to sleep...[b]Failed[/b].
    Running hook /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/99openmediavault-hdparm resume suspend_hybrid:
     HDIO_DRIVE_CMD [b]failed[/b]: Input/output error
    Running hook /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/55NetworkManager resume suspend_hybrid:
    Having NetworkManager wake interfaces back up...[b]Failed[/b].

I would post whole log file but unfortunatelly don't know how :(

Can I debug my issue in other way?

• In manual there is this definition mentioned:
    "On board RTL8211CL Gigabit LAN"
    I don't know how to check that in command line, "lspci" is not working here.

Code
    root@OMV:/# lspci
    bash: lspci: command not found
  • Funny thing is that now I am still able to wake up the computer by WOL packet... I don't know what is going on.. WOL packet send from my router from OpenWRT OS.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!