Installation failed/ no server connection

• Tried to install OMV like I have done several times before, always without any problem, but today I spend several hours without any luck.
    When it comes to ask for server, I got no connection, even I tried all servers of the world.

I tried then the way to install Debian first, which worked, but for beginners the described way is difficult because after

Code
    apt-get install openmediavault

you get various questions about postfix and Raid, where I do not really know what to do. Could anybody please add this?
    OMV started now on my system and I will see, if it works.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Select all the defaults and it should install fine. OMV overwrites most of them anyway.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat

Tried to install OMV like I have done several times before, always without any problem, but today I spend several hours without any luck.When it comes to ask for server, I got no connection, even I tried all servers of the world.

Was it your first try on that specific setup?

I had similar problem the first time I installed the iso. Installation got stucked when trying to select a mirror.
    Turned out that my onboard ethernet controller was not supported as-is by Debian, even if it was correctly detected during the first steps.
    My workaround was to install a cheap pcie ethernet card.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok thanks. May this should be mentioned in this workaround?

I guess we could. You are the first to ask though :)

Any idea, why there was no server connection?

Your network card is too new and not detected by the installer.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• @ryecoaaron & Balzac

I have changed my system HDD to a new one. That was the reason I installed OMV from scratch. I had installed OMV on this machine 2-3 times before, without any problem.

Zitat

Your network card is too new and not detected by the installer.

I doubt a little, because this is a used HP N40L, few years old.

• When I installed OMV on an n40L I got a similar problem with network, turned out to be a loose cable.
    One idea is to check that the light is going green on the router/n40L during OMV install

I can confirm the broadcom tg3 driver for the GbE Lan is available by default in OMV.

HP N40L microserver | OMV 1.19 (Kralizec) | OMV extras 1.34 | kernel 3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!