Unable to set static addresses, gui or omv-firstaid

• Hi all,

I've been running OMV since 0.5 on my N54L and all has been well until I had to power off the NAS. On power on I had no gui/ssh so hooked KVM up and saw OMV was running ok but I had no interfaces in ifconfig, no IP address so no external access. Since my last reboot I have applied all updates pushed out to the box. I am running 1.14.

I have the onboard eth0 and an intel 2x gig-e pci card.eth0 was for wifi access, eth1 for direct to mac and eth2 direct to Mint box.

I am able to get an ip via dhcp using the dhclient eth0 command but even though I get an address I can't use any services such as CIFS to this DHCP address.

After the networking 'died' on boot I did try to re-create the /etc/network/interfaces cfg to manually assign the interfaces but this didnt work. I also haven't had any luck with omv-firstaid on each i/f. I'm also seeing a monit error asking if it was setup for http. I've apt-get install --resintall omvmediavault but no change.

Configuring network interface. Please wait ...
    {"response":null,"error":{"code":7003,"message":"Failed to read from socket: Resource temporarily unavailable","trace":"exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to read from socket: Resource temporarily unavailable' in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc.inc:168\nStack trace:\n#0 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-rpc(107): OMVRpc::exec('Network', 'setIface', Array, Array, 2)\n#1 {main}"}}
    Failed to execute RPC (service=Network, method=setIface)

Mar 16 22:23:53 lilbit omv-firstaid: Failed to execute RPC (service=Config, method=applyChanges)
    Mar 16 22:25:32 lilbit omv-firstaid: Failed to execute RPC (service=Network, method=setIface)
    Mar 16 22:26:35 lilbit omv-firstaid: Failed to execute RPC (service=Network, method=setIface)
    Mar 16 22:32:14 lilbit monit[6637]: 'nginx' failed, cannot open a connection to INET[127.0.0.1:443] via TCPSSL
    Mar 16 22:32:14 lilbit monit[6637]: 'nginx' trying to restart
    Mar 16 22:32:14 lilbit monit[6637]: 'nginx' stop: /etc/init.d/nginx
    Mar 16 22:32:14 lilbit monit[6637]: 'nginx' start: /etc/init.d/nginx
    Mar 16 22:32:49 lilbit monit[6637]: 'nginx' failed, cannot open a connection to INET[127.0.0.1:443] via TCPSSL
    Mar 16 22:32:49 lilbit monit[6637]: 'nginx' trying to restart
    Mar 16 22:32:49 lilbit monit[6637]: 'nginx' stop: /etc/init.d/nginx
    Mar 16 22:32:49 lilbit monit[6637]: 'nginx' start: /etc/init.d/nginx
    Mar 16 22:33:25 lilbit monit[6637]: 'nginx' failed, cannot open a connection to INET[127.0.0.1:443] via TCPSSL
    Mar 16 22:33:25 lilbit monit[6637]: 'nginx' trying to restart
    Mar 16 22:33:25 lilbit monit[6637]: 'nginx' stop: /etc/init.d/nginx
    Mar 16 22:33:25 lilbit monit[6637]: 'nginx' start: /etc/init.d/nginx
    Mar 16 22:34:00 lilbit monit[6637]: 'nginx' failed, cannot open a connection to INET[127.0.0.1:443] via TCPSSL
    Mar 16 22:34:00 lilbit monit[6637]: 'nginx' trying to restart

Really appreciate any advice/time someone has to point me towards the resolution

Kind regards,

Kev

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    N54L running OMV with 5x3TB RED & 120Gb Kingston SSD

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von afxomv ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

At first it seems the omv-engined daemon process is not running. If this happens you can not use omv-firstaid to reconfigure the network interface configuration.

To find out what is going wrong start the engine in foreground.

# omv-engined -d -f

If there is an error it will be displayed.

• Good morning,

Please find output below as requested.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von WastlJ ()

• Thanks votdev,

I tried the restart but got an error:
    monit restart omv-engined
    monit: Cannot connect to the monit daemon. Did you start it with http support?

I get a similar error when logging into the gui on the dhcp address and it has changes to commit :

Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; monit restart collectd 2>&1': monit: Cannot connect to the monit daemon. Did you start it with http support?

Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; monit restart collectd 2>&1': monit: Cannot connect to the monit daemon. Did you start it with http support?' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/monit.inc:113
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/monit.inc(70): OMVMonit->action('restart', 'collectd', false)
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/collectd.inc(53): OMVMonit->restart('collectd')
    #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(206): OMVModuleCollectd->startService()
    #3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(158): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(224): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #7 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #10 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #11 {main}

I'm prepared to rebuild if this isn't an easy fix but I do appreciate you troubleshooting!

• Hi,

I tried the last 2 commands - they went ok and omv-firstaid ran ok taking the addresses for each interface. I see the IP is there in config.xml but it didnt apply to the 'real' interface. I then rebooted to see if it would apply and now I have no interfaces up. /etc/network/interfaces has the correct cfg for eth0 but this hasn't applied...I have brought eth0 up but it hasnt assigned the IP in /etc/network/interfaces

I ran firstaid again but this now fails with the #4000 error with failed to execute RPC.

• Hi all,

well I'm working a bit better but something still isn't right. On boot no interfaces actually come up although all are visible with ipconfig -a - /etc/network/interfaces have all the correct addresses but just arent 'loaded'. I manually configure eth0 with ifconfig and I can get onto OMV - resolv.conf also has to be manually updated too. If I make a change to a network interface in OMV gui it updates /etc/network/interfaces but doesnt apply the changes to the live interface...same for deleting in the gui. If the loopback interface hasn't been brought up I get the error #4000 when making changes in gui.

Is OMV overriding something in networking to stop the interfaces cfg being loaded? I dont know Linux well enough to troubleshoot further...I have tried!

Cheers,

Kev

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!