Change default partition sector size?

• Hi,

Is there anyway to force the OMV installer to use a sector size of 4096 when it's creating the partitions?

I'm installing on a 1TB drive and after installation, if I check the disk setup, I get a message that partition 2 doesn't start on a physical sector boundary.
    Apparently because the logical sector size of 512 doesn't match the physical size of 4096.

Many thanks

• Hi @PS.TIAA,

I think the main question is why are you installing OMV on a 1TB drive? That seems like a lot of wasted space in my opinion. You can't use space on that drive for storage if you install OMV to this drive as the boot drive (Mods please correct me if I am wrong here). I am using a 128GB SSD and only using 6GB of space with plugins and other options enabled. If you have a smaller drive such as 250GB HDD, 128GB SDD, or less I would recommend that instead. I think you could put that 1TB drive to better use. :)

• What kind of drive? 512e or 4Kn?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!