[SOLVED] "WebDAV interface seems to be broken Owncloud"

• Hi all! I posted some days ago a problem I had with the scheduled jobs and people in here answered me and helped me to solve the problem.

Now, I have installed the Owncloud plugin and I found that when I log in as "admin" on the Owncloud web, it appears a red sentence telling me that "The web server is not yet configured properly to allow file synchronization. It seems like the webDAV interface is broken." As a n00b I am, I looked for it on several forums but I couldn't solve this problem because all the posts I have read, are old. Does anyone have an idea how to solve that?

Ps: I tried the Owncloud client and it gives me an error saying that the "status.php" file doesn't exist on the server, and when I look for this file via the web browser it gives me a 404 Error.

Ps2: I edited the TrustedDomains part of the config.php file and I only could solve the error referring to the trusted domains.

Hope you can help me!

DISCLAIMER: :!: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm sorry if I don't explain as good as you would want. :!:

My NAS:
    Always the latest OMV Erasmus running on an AMD Sempron 3850 @1.3GHz with 4.9.0 Backports Kernel
    with 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO for OpenMediaVault & 2x500GB Primary Data HDD + 1TB Secondary HDD for Backup & 2TB USB 3.0 External HDD for offline backup

Plugin list:
    Flash Memory, Locate, OMV-Extras.org, RSnapshot, Sensors, Syncthing, SMB/CIFS, SSH, USB Backup
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zitat

The Schrödinger's code is that one which is going to work and it's full of bugs at the same time; until you test it, you won't be able to determine it.

• Hey maatunix
    Found some info on Owncloud forums and, even this warning and A LOT of Fatal Errors in the Owncloud log, my owncloud works fine: I can sync using the client and I can access also via the WebDAV interface that is built in the server. Also the web interface works good. So I reccomend you to check if the webDAV is really broken or is only a bug. I "solved" it by adding a line into config.php to tell the server to not check if the WebDAV interface is up. This makes the warning disappear.

[EDIT July 22th 2015] The way to do it is like "karlitschek" says in https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/7062:

Zitat

If you have a special setup like that then the automated test is likely to fail. I suggest to just disable the test in config.php. The config option is: check_for_working_webdav

Hope it helps.

DISCLAIMER: :!: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm sorry if I don't explain as good as you would want. :!:

My NAS:
    Always the latest OMV Erasmus running on an AMD Sempron 3850 @1.3GHz with 4.9.0 Backports Kernel
    with 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO for OpenMediaVault & 2x500GB Primary Data HDD + 1TB Secondary HDD for Backup & 2TB USB 3.0 External HDD for offline backup

Plugin list:
    Flash Memory, Locate, OMV-Extras.org, RSnapshot, Sensors, Syncthing, SMB/CIFS, SSH, USB Backup
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zitat

The Schrödinger's code is that one which is going to work and it's full of bugs at the same time; until you test it, you won't be able to determine it.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lord Wektabyte ()

• Hey gsola96,
    Thanks for your reply. I solved my problem too, lokks like a temporary bug after a system update. :D
    Maybe you can add [Solved] on the title of your first post ?

Cheers

Trying to run properly OMV on a HP Proliant N54L... :P

• It's not "solved" because we couldn't find how to solve the error but paradoxically, Owncloud works fine.

Hope this can give a clue to others!

My NAS:

Plugin list:

Zitat

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!