UDEV... how to

• Hi,

I have troubles with my RAID10 system (HP ML150 with 4 drives, (two arrays RAID0 mirrored), I lost the boot disk and once reinstalled a new one I cannot assemble the arrays.

you can see this in: OpenThread

the point is that I'm not so smart in resolving such issues and the last suggestion I had was:

Zitat

if /dev/sda allocation doesn't persists then you should make it persistent via UDEV

Ok, I understand that boot disk (should be /dev/sda) sometimes changes name and with UDEV I can fix it.

I supposte I could run the OMV with only the boot drive attached and then I should find the UID and link permanently to the device.. right?

But.. how? The syntax is a little obscure to me..

thanks in advance

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't think this would help. mdadm only uses drive letters when executing an mdadm command. So, the drive letters can change but it *shouldn't* affect the array.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!