Posts by Nefertiti

The system disk getting almost full log is 20g and crashing not sure why?

I f I create a container Emby or Plex I can have it running with NVIDIA driver no problem but if i want to recreate the same one by modifying a parameter or sometime even not: just trying to recreate the same container, it will crash right away with errors, except if I disconnect it from NVIDIA in runtime resource tab . I spent all day trying to solve it but it is beyond me although I am thinking maybe about a permission issue at the driver level?

Any help would be appreciated?(

Code
    May 1 17:03:32 openmediavault dockerd[898]: time="2021-05-01T17:03:32.014912187-07:00" level=error msg="a3a1f08c3c071287c2d9741a71cf1ebbc70028b6d1fa5c7d9ab08ec5e0076d88 cleanup: failed to delete container from containerd: no such container"
    May 1 17:03:32 openmediavault dockerd[898]: time="2021-05-01T17:03:32.014931051-07:00" level=error msg="Handler for POST /containers/a3a1f08c3c071287c2d9741a71cf1ebbc70028b6d1fa5c7d9ab08ec5e0076d88/start returned error: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:367: starting container process caused: process_linux.go:495: container init caused: Running hook #1:: error running hook: exit status 1, stdout: , stderr: nvidia-container-cli: ldcache error: process /sbin/ldconfig.real failed with error code: 1: unknown"

To revert the delay of docker:

systemctl revert docker.service

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# systemctl revert docker.service
    Removed /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d/override.conf.
    Removed /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d.

Now make sure you check the /lost+found folder on your drive, as any files you may find missing will be there. :)

3 pieces one big I just added .mkv to the name #75825883 and it became a 2 h movie.

Very cool everything is fixed:love:

Now the disk is mounting automatically no need for delay anymore and I leaned a lot great:):thumbup:

Actually and I don't know if it is related in the log, for the disk in question witch is not the boot drive, I got

so How do I fix it It?

and I tried:

Yes this is working perfectly

What I don't understand why I do it manually in files system it mount without asking to confirm the yellow warning?

Edit

Well doing this way I am loosing the permissions for Emby to see the files. First time it got changes to owner root second it did not change but I have to recreate the container in order for Emby to see the files I think maybe the container start before the disk got mounted?

Still having the issue after reboot I need to go right away to files system to mount the drive manually , this is a big problem since I got some media files on it and if Emby container would not see the drive it erase the library! so in the meantime I had to setup its restart policy to none

Any solutions?

Well after few try, I succeed to upgrade the driver doing the installation again, at some point got a mismatch kernel, I let it finish the step of the install, rebooted right after, and finished the rest of the install witch went perfectly.

Got more NVIDIA upgrade in the upgrade management so I clicked install and even after rebooting it was no issue what so ever.

Case closed

I installed the NVIDIA drivers by following the guide [HowTo] Nvidia hardware transcoding on OMV 5 in a Plex docker container was working perfect, until the update management decided to upgrade the driver from Nvidia driver 460.39 to 460.67 after reboot the drivers is not working anymore Emby containers stopped with driver not loaded the only way to make it work is to change back runtime from nvdia to runc

I got a backup I can go back should I disable the

#Busterter-backports

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports main contrib non-free

to avoid this issue?