Posts by Nefertiti

Well I assigned the ip 192. 168.2 220 in the router outside the DHCP poll witch is 192.168.2.2 to 192.168.2.200
    but even after rebooting router and PI,OMV is still 192.168.2.122
    I also tried to put the same static ip in OMV, still this error:

Error #0:OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start 'networking' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for networking.service failed because the control process exited with error code.See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(86): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1)#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(146): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('start', NULL, false)#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/networking.inc(44): OMV\System\SystemCtl->start()#3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMVModuleNetworking->startService()#4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusi1...', '/tmp/bgoutputf1...')#8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))#9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)#10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)#11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)#13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)#14 {main}

UPDATE
    After the second reboot the OMV IP is 192.168.2.220 but still error when Itry to change the network interfaces in OMV

I am trying to follow this guide [How To] Install Pi-Hole in Docker: Update - 08/10/18

on OMV 4.1.11 upgraded from 3.91 and I am stuck at the beginning as soon as I want to use the google DNS

and actually also similar problem in the docker pihole itself when I want to create a network according to the guide

-----
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start 'networking' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for networking.service failed because the control process exited with error code.See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

The configuration has been changed. You must apply the changes in order for them to take effect.

Details
    Page

of 1
    Displaying items 1 - 1 of 1
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start 'networking' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for networking.service failed because the control process exited with error code.See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
    Error #0:OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start 'networking' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for networking.service failed because the control process exited with error code.See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(86): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1)#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(146): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('start', NULL, false)#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/networking.inc(44): OMV\System\SystemCtl->start()#3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMVModuleNetworking->startService()#4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusj7...', '/tmp/bgoutputF9...')#8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))#9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)#10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)#11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)#13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)#14 {main}

Thank you all for your advice I always do a backup in win32 and I remember before trashing it yesterday even the backup got this unknown partition just wondering where does it come from?
    No big deal about this SD card De Profundis!
    Anyway on my new backup with expanded ext 4 I do not have it, So I can Always come back with it .
    Now is there some kind of log witch grow after some time I should disable?
    the only data I am aware is growing on it, is my DNLA catalog of about 1000 albums.

-It does not work It look like the SD is corrupted Cannot even format it in windows component service or SD formatter says the card is write protected!
    Anyway to salvage the SD card?

-I did try with a brand new Install in Gparted on an other SD card and did not get this unknown partition and was able to resize the partition

I do not understand if I try to add the media share folder still get Failed to execute XPath query '//services/minidlna/shares'.
    Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\Config\DatabaseException' with message 'Failed to execute XPath query '//services/minidlna/shares'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:244
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/minidlna.inc(120): OMV\Config\Database->set(Object(OMV\Config\ConfigObject))
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceMiniDlna->setShare(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setShare', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('MiniDlna', 'setShare', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

Thank you
    mini DNLA installed
    But
    now I am getting Failed to execute XPath query '//services/minidlna'.
    Error #0:exception 'OMV\Config\DatabaseException' with message 'Failed to execute XPath query '//services/minidlna'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/minidlna.inc(56): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.mi...')#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/services.inc(56): OMVModuleMiniDlna->getStatus()#2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceServices->getStatus(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStatus', Array, Array)#5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Services', 'getStatus', Array, Array, 1)#6 {main}

Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.33 experimental Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) 4.9.41-v7+
    System load: 0.18 0.23 0.12 Up time: 5 min
    Memory usage: 8 % of 976MB IP: 192.168.2.228
    CPU temp: 54°C
    Usage of /: 21% of 7.2G

Attention: Your SD card seems to be very slow. Please check performance using armbianmonitor -c

Could not chdir to home directory /home/Philip: No such file or directory

$ dpkg --configure -a
    dpkg: error: requested operation requires superuser privilege
    $

Still Stuck!