Beiträge von geaves

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# wipefs -n /dev/sdb
    offset               type
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    0x200                gpt   [partition table]

0xe8e0d3f000         zfs_member   [filesystem]

Crap!! I bet that is on all of them! Ok, I'm signing off now but this explains why you are having problems, it is fixable but it will take some time.

But you could connect the other drives and do the same on them and post the output but replace /dev/sdb with /dev/sd(drive reference letter) could be c or d etc.

Given what's in the Win10 thread, at least 2 users experienced the same problem where the security policy edit "fixed" it (so to speak).

Yes, but one those users did have W10 Enterprise, which according to the MS link the gpedit is the only way to resolve it, I don't think Molok specified his version of W10, and knowing most windows uses they find something and apply it, if it works then to them it's a "fix" which IMHO for an end user running W10 Home is not something MS would expect them to be doing.

In any case, setting a hosts file entry should completely negate the host name to IP address mapping issue, if the OS utilized it as the override/user defined default it was originally intended to be.

W10 does do that, but as you point out it's a PITA it does require some sort of 'root' admin right, I edited mine and was able to change the security settings, because I know what I'm doing, the average end user doesn't.

Since some users turn off updates or only allow approved updates

Best of luck with that in W10, I have yet to find a way to do that, you can delay them, you can adjust the time it restarts but unless you're in domain environment using WSUS those updates will eventually be deployed.

Each of the hoops, in that oversized how-to, addressed at least one potential issue that blocked access to SMB shares, at some point in time

Yes they did, but didn't that come from issues related to the Creators Update, which, if I remember caused havoc and the MS forums were a minefield to get through, that is why at one point I stopped using it.

The option I posted just works, and working on the KISS principle I would have thought would be a suitable option for most users. What they complain about is the fact that OMV or any other Linux distro using SMB just doesn't show up in File Manager -> Network. They're not interested in the techno stuff they want a solution -> yesterday, and they assume because they use Windows it's not that that is at fault!

Sorry that was a rant.

I'll do the Brexit thing tomorrow...getting late here "Time for bed said Zebedee" (That's a saying from a child's TV programme many moons ago :) )

Back again, just noticed your post here re docker have been having problems with mine and I am contemplating starting over due to some errors but my output is

But this is my Kernel Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 4.9.0-0.bpo.6-amd64 never updated it.

No worries geaves, I appreciate any time you can give. I'll start digging around too and see if I can find anything as well now that I have something to pivot on.

This could be the end of your Raid, I found this and this is worse than yours 8o seemed to solve the problem by cloning :?:

This one also looked useful but tbh I got lost in the information supplied.

I attached the the dmesg output due to max character limitations.

As a side note, using smartctl I ran extended offline tests against all the raid disks and they all completed without error.

Ok here's the output from dmesg that's stopping the raid from assembling;

Code
    [    2.449916] md: md0 stopped.
    [    2.452127] md: bind<sdb>
    [    2.453790] md: sdc does not have a valid v1.2 superblock, not importing!
    [    2.453805] md: md_import_device returned -22
    [    2.454074] md: sdd does not have a valid v1.2 superblock, not importing!
    [    2.454090] md: md_import_device returned -22
    [    2.454422] md: bind<sda>

As you can see the problem is with sdc and sdd missing the superblock, there should be a way of correcting it will need some research -> but I'm in the middle of cooking dinner, sorry, but will come back :thumbup:

My wife loves computers as well :D:D

What I would do if this was me, the system boots, shutdown, leave the boot drive in and one drive only. Install OMV-Extras and fully update the system, if you have done that -> great.

Ok backtrack, I'm a bit confused by this -> I can see the rest of the disks under storage -> disc. But I can make any file system on the other discs. OMV format the disk and says success, but the disc disappear in OMV afterwards.

Boot with 1 drive installed, Storage -> Disks select the disk and click wipe, I usually do the short option.
    File Systems -> Create, select the drive , give a label and select your file system, suggest ext4
    Does the drive still not display under File Systems once completed?

Ok, just tried the install and get the following;

Code
    E: Unable to locate package cockpit
    E: Unable to locate package cockpit-docker
    E: Unable to locate package cockpit-machines
    E: Unable to locate package cockpit-packagekit
    E: Unable to locate package cockpit-storaged

But, it does install the first set of commands, searching, the option seems to be to add the following to the etc/apt/sources.list

Code
    deb  http://deb.debian.org/debian  stretch main
    deb-src  http://deb.debian.org/debian  stretch main

Hello all,
    I recently got some new drives and I'm confused to how to add them into my current strip raid. I have the drive showing up under the drives tab but how would I add it to the current raid that I'm using. I don't want to copy everything over as that would take days.
    Thanks.

You can't, if you have chosen Stripe raid when you created it the minimum is 2 disks and it's not Growable -> the information is the documentation.

The one thing about the US you can get PC equipment cheaper than here! It's things like the Odroid and RockPro64 they are based in the US or at least you can only purchase from the US, looking for those boards in the UK they are double +
    If I purchased the RockPro64 I would have to pay import VAT (there's no customs duty as it's under £135) then there would be shipping costs, then there could be another charge of up to £8 for collecting the import VAT depending upon the shipper.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Looks as if Brexit is not dead, Trump now saying trade deal may not be possible! Group of MP's have gone to the European Court of Justice to examine whether the UK can call off the process of leaving the EU without permission from the other member states.

What's the saying "It's not over til the fat lady sings" I often wonder where I would be if I had taken the job at Disney Florida when I was 20.