Beiträge von saitoh183

Hi,

I plan to build a new machine with OMV on it so i can use mergerfs. I already have another box with mergerfs running and a pool of 25TB. This is for plex/sonarr/radarr/sickrage

So im wondering what is the better option?

1 - Create a new pool with mergerFS and add that pool as a root in all my apps
    2 - Share each drive via NFS to my other machine and add those shares to my current mergerfs pool
    3 - Can i create a new pool, share that pool with my other server and then add that share to my current mergerfs pool?

Pro's and con's of each?

Thanks

It is a bad idea to administrate various issues via CLI. You need to remove the previous file system via UI to update the database and the monitoring backend to get rid of the messages. Especially filesystems must be managed via UI because all monitoring services and others are based on the database settings that are triggered when a file system is created/deleted.

@votdev
    I have a similar issue but how to fix it. I did remove the it via the UI but the system had crash. when i restarted the entry was not in the UI anymore nor was it in the config.xml or fstab.

Hi,

At one point i needed to mount a drive in order to move data off it and then change it to ext4 and mount it under another mount point name. I had a crash and was forced to reboot and now the system is always looking for the old mount point and i cant seem to figure out how to get rid of it. I deleted it from File systems yet i still errors in the system logs. It is not in my FStab either. I think it is because i switched the mount without proper removal first...

I need to move part of my pool drives to a new machine because presently they are in a mediasonic probox that is connected to the server. Once they are in the new machine, i should be able to share them via NFS and add them to the other server via the remote share plugin and then add them to the pool again?

Hi,

I plan on building a new machine with omv. My previous machine is out of HDD space. The board I plan to get has 6 sata ports. Since I would like to keep all 6 for data drives, I would be left with 2 options...

Option 1:
    running omv from a USB stick

Option 2:
    Getting a external case(USB or esata) and use my 64gb ssd drive in it.

If option 1 is the better choice, so you have any flash drives to suggest or any particular features it should have?

If it is option 2, im guessing any case will do?

This is for a long term machine.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

@subzero79

One more question about this..

i am having a very anoying issue. I am using the docker plugin in openmediavault. When i reboot all the config folder i mapped to variables get there permission changed to 911. I set the PID and GID using the env variables to my user when i start the container. I figure the 911 is the docker user? Is this normal behavior or the plugin doing this?

all the containers start and the apps run but i have rw issues cuz the config files on the host have all there permissions changed

It shouldn't remove the docker engine, so all containers/images should remain. In cli you can try

apt-get purge openmediavault-docker-gui

Then it will tell you what packages will remove, besides the plugin.

@subzero79

Does this mean docker-engine will still be installed and work? Or will i have to reinstall docker engine? Also i setup my docker data path in the plugin, i guessi i can still leave it there and set the docker data path in a env variable of some kind.

Hi,

I wanted to know if i remove the docker plugin, will i loose all my containers and volumes and settings? I want to manage docker via portainer instead of the docker plugin but if i can keep my configurations, it will save time.

thanks