Beiträge von vicctoor100

Good afternoon,

Given my ignorance, try to install an alternative FTP service since proftpd did not work for me, and I really do not know what I have done but part of the system, like web access, has stopped working and apparently I have broken the OMV packages.

As you can see, when installing vsftpd limit the packages "" without realizing it.

Have you any solution occurs? I have tried to re-install them but it tells me the following error:

Code
    E: El paquete «omvextras-common» no tiene un candidato para la instalación
    E: El paquete «openmediavault-autoshutdown» no tiene un candidato para la instalación
    E: El paquete «openmediavault-docker-gui» no tiene un candidato para la instalación
    E: El paquete «openmediavault-openvpn» no tiene un candidato para la instalación
    E: El paquete «openmediavault-plexmediaserver» no tiene un candidato para la instalación

Thank you.

Greetings.

Have you checked the solution to SMB issues in common problems?
    see signature

Yes, i do.

I do the test with cable, and in OMV 2 I made the transfer at about 100mps, but not in 4... :( the tranfer starts on 110mbps and then low to 65(screenshot).

I prove your setting to, but nothing.

Thanks you so mucho

Speed of OS drive should have very little (if any) impact.

So, I do not understand what could be the reason, I have gone from using OMV 2 on SD card to using OMV 4 on HDD (Because I did not get OMV 4 on SD) and since then Samba is going at half the speed, 62 mbps when the port is GB and should go to about 110mbps.I followed the steps of post forum, but nothing.What do you think could be the reason?Many thanks.Greetings.

Hello everybody!

I have recently installed OMV 4 on my HP proliant gen8 microserver.
    I have a 300GB 2.5 disk built by SATA inside where I have installed the system + 4 disks in the RAID.

My query is, Could I change my device where I have the system for a 30GB SSD and pass the whole system without affecting any configuration?

If so, how did my whole system go from one disk to another to not notice anything? What I do not want is to have problems or have to re-install anything.

Thank you very much.

Greetings.

I need helpo please.

Error Samba:

root@openmediavault:~# samba -i
    samba version 4.2.14-Debian started.
    Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2014
    At this time the 'samba' binary should only be used for either:
    'server role = active directory domain controller' or to access the ntvfs file server with 'server services = +smb' or the rpc proxy with 'dcerpc endpoint servers = remote'
    You should start smbd/nmbd/winbindd instead for domain member and standalone file server tasks
    STATUS=daemon failed to start: Samba detected misconfigured 'server role' and exited. Check logs for details, error code 22

Hello,

I recently installed OMV 3 on my server.
    I have enabled Smb but it is not displayed on my network.
    From windows: The server does not appear in the browser or let me access it by executing "\\ IPSERVER"
    From linux: It appears but it gives me a timout error when trying to access.
    From Android: Neither appears nor lets me connect.

I have configured a shared folder and then I have configured the folder in the shared screen (Attach images).

Attached status of services smbd and nmbd:

Also attached code with my process search, should I get some process?

Code
    root@ROCAGRAGON:~# ps -aux | grep smb
    root      2959  0.0  0.0  12748  2280 pts/0    S+   10:46   0:00 grep smb
    root@ROCAGRAGON:~# ps -aux | grep smmd
    root      2963  0.0  0.0  12748  2248 pts/0    S+   10:47   0:00 grep smmd
    root@ROCAGRAGON:~# ps -aux | grep samba
    root      2966  0.0  0.0  12748  2108 pts/0    S+   10:47   0:00 grep samba
    root@ROCAGRAGON:~# ps -aux | grep nmbd
    root      2985  0.0  0.0  12748  2292 pts/0    S+   10:47   0:00 grep nmbd

The funny thing is that I recently tested on a virtual machine and it worked correctly.

Thanks!!

Regards

Good morning,

I have installed OMV 3.0.99 (erasmus) from scratch on my HP microserver gen8. KERNEL Debian GNU / Linux, with Linux 4.9.0-0.bpo.6-amd64
    I have had version 2.0, where everything worked correctly but I wanted to update my system.

I run into the following problem when trying to install the virualbox plugin:

(Image Attached)

-I have tried to install the packages, etc.
    -I have surfed the forums I have been testing by touching the sourcelist, changing the kernel, etc.
    -I have been trying several things that I have read in the forums.
    -I tried to install the Backports-Kernel but in version 3.0 I do not see the tab in omv-extras> kernel.

I need help, since I would like to be able to move to version 3.0 but if virtualbox does not work ...

Thank you very much.

Greetings.

Good morning everyone

I am new to Open media vault and for the moment I am delighted, but I have a problem.
    I have the HP server microserver gen8 and I configured the hardare RAID 1 correctly, however in open media vault it appears to me as two disks, not as one.
    I've tried downloading the HP RAID omv-extras plugin, but it does not say "no controller detected".Are there no drivers for RAID controllers in OMV?

Thank you very much.

Greetings.