Beiträge von metRo_

Hi, how do you check data integrity of your backups? I have been reading that is common after some years that some data may be corrupted. How do you check that the data on the disks are still ok?

My OMV installation is based on a RPi4.

Thank you

Hi,

I mainly use OMV for local shared folders and also for a instance of Nextcloud(backup of photos from family members). Recently nextcloud anounce that the installation should run on a 64bits OS. Since I Installed OMV for the first time, ~2years ago, the RPi4 add support for 64bits and also for run the OS from the SSD.

Right now I have a RPi4 with the OS on the sdcard, an HDD for data/backups and an SSD for docker + nextcloud DATA.

After the last update of NC my instance of nextcloud became slow.

I have already read about how to move omv.

My doubts are:

- Install a 64bit OS on the sdcard and use the SSD for docker + nextcloud DATA(the same setup as current)?

- Install the OS on the ssd, doesn't need to point the docker to another disk and also use this SSD for nextcloud DATA?

I didn't have any problems with OMV during these 2 years but from time to time I duplicate the sdcard in case I need to restore it. If I move to the SSD I think I'll lost the easier process of recover.

Dear all,

I have a maybe silly question. Assuming I have a computer with a clean swag server (listening the port 443 if I understand well for any https request pointing on my box), could I get a second computer running swag on the same network for managing the containers on this second computer.

I understood that this possible to access by internet two different OMV6 servers by the solution through the duckdns container by opening the two different OMV ports on my box. But with swag, any https request two the box will go only on one swag server, no ?

Thank you very much,

Harold

You only can port-forwarding a port 443 to one server. So only one SWAG could be reached from outside however I think nginx is capable of forward the packets from one SWAG to another based of subdomain per example.

You don't need two SWAG services running if you want to access OMV outside of your network. You can set the SWAG to forward a domain to a container on the some host or a machine on the same network using ip address.

SWAG service:
    - omv1.domain.com -> localhost omv(omv on same machine as SWAG);
    - omv2.domain.com -> ip of second host running omv;

May I suggest "real" router/firewall like pfSense with IDS/IPS running?

Isn't fail2ban or CrowdSec enought for this type of attack?

EDIT:

if you don't want to go down the cloudflare or pfsense/opnsense road, at the very least you should be using a reverse proxy like swag or nginx-proxy-manager with fail2ban enabled so that hammering by a hacker is blocked after a few failed login attempts. I believe swag has fail2ban built in, while nginx-proxy-manager requires an extra docker container and some custom config to make it work.

Read it after :p

The main reason to my last post was me trying to find out why my nextcloud instance became slower lately.

It looks like that is the nextcloud server that takes too much time to answer. How can I identify what could cause it?

Code
    $request_time – Full request time, starting when NGINX reads the first byte from the client and ending when NGINX sends the last byte of the response body
    $upstream_response_time – Time between establishing a connection to an upstream server and receiving the last byte of the response body
    $upstream_connect_time – Time spent establishing a connection with an upstream server
    $upstream_header_time – Time between establishing a connection to an upstream server and receiving the first byte of the response header

Anyone knows how can I change the nginx log format on swag?

I would like to add some more info:

Code
    # Specifies the main log format.
    log_format main '$remote_addr - $remote_user [$time_local] "$request" '
                    '$status $body_bytes_sent "$http_referer" '
                    '"$http_user_agent" "$http_x_forwarded_for"'
                    '$request_time '
                    '$upstream_response_time '
                    '$upstream_connect_time '
                    '$upstream_header_time';

I try to add it to config/nginx/nginx.conf without success.

solved: I need to add the main tag to the access_log path: access_log /config/log/nginx/access.log main;

But is it because you're using an unspported case?

Hi, needed to install docker and portainer at the end. I was very cautious during the process and it is working with the new ssd :D

Change the cp -rp with cp -rav. -v to know what cp is doing and -a because reading the man page it looks like it perserve more information.

Thank you for the guide :)

Edit: I just realized you had more than just docker on that drive.... Well how I detailed above is how I'd move docker. For the other files.. I usually just use rsync... When it's all done, just format the old drive.

I only have docker on that driver but I have mutiple containers running. When I'm home I can share a ls of the disk. cp command keep all the owners and permissions?

Thank you for the detailed explanation :)

Hi,

I have an sdd connected to rpi4 that I use for docker. I have set the docker storage path to this disk. The mainly docker image used is nextcloud that I have been running smooth for like 1 year. Now I want to replace the 128GB that is almost full with a 512GB disk.

How should I proceed with this?

Can I dd from one disk to another and then expand the disk?

Should I rsync all the files from one to another?

Thank you

Hi,

I have a shared folder called 'Fotos' than I create a NFS share:

'Ler/Escrever' means 'Read/Write'

On the Host side, ssh using the admin-user login, this is what I get:

On the client side this is what I get:

Using samba I can create and edit files however using NFS I can only create folders and files inside folders created by the user admin-user. I can't create folders on the root of 'Fotos'.

What I'm doing wrong?

Thank you

Hi,

I tried lscr.io/linuxserver/transmission:latest and it worked. Then I tried transmission with openvpn but can't make it work with nordvpn:

Output log:

It looks like it can connect to nordvpn but doesn't set up transmission.

LOCAL_NETWORK was wrongly configured.