Posts by mbourd25

Hi gang, I was bale to find the solution to transcode in Jellyfin with an AMD 2200G and any other AMD CPU/GPU combined.

Make sure you have installed the firmware-amd-graphics package for your AMD CPU/GPU under OpenMediaVault. (sudo apt install firmware-amd-graphics).

You need to add the Linuxserver Mod in the docker-compose, https://mods.linuxserver.io/?mod=jellyfin, which installs the latest Mesa libraries in your docker container.

I added the group_add line, as per instructions from the Jellyfin web page, in my docker-compose by viewing the output from the /etc/group using command cat /etc/group and looking for entry render. Mine was render:x:107:.

Just to make sure, some folks have found that changing the access mode for the /dev/dri group helps. Here is the command, chmod -R 777 /dev/dri/

Here is the docker-compose that I used to make it work.

Here is the link to the Jellyfin web page which explains how to add hardware transcoding for AMD CPU/GPU.

https://jellyfin.org/docs/gene…ardware-acceleration.html

Hope it works out for you.

Now if only Plex would work with AMD CPU/GPU.

Hi gang, has anyone been successful to get hardware transcoding working using an AMD 2200G either in Jellyfin or Plex in Docker?

I'm able to get Jellyfin hardware transcoding working when viewing my movies on my workstation. I'm able to see the Radeon Vega 8 GPU transcoding using the app radeontop. But I am not able to make it work when trying to view my movies using Chromecast on my TVs. The screen just stays dark and I need to stop the Jellyfin from trying to Chromecast.

And for Plex transcoding using an AMD CPU has been unsuccessful all the time.

Here is my docker composer for Jellyfin.

Any help would be great.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks in advance.

Hi gang, is there a way to see the APC UPS stats in Netdata installed in a Docker?

In OMV, I can see the UPS stats, but in Netdata, I followed the instructions to add the UPS plugin but it still cannot see the UPS.

Has anyone been successful in doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi donh, I fixed the problem.

When I tried to run the testparm command, I got this error.

invalid permissions on directory '/var/lib/samba/private/msg.sock': has 0775 should be 0700

So I changed the permission from the msg.sock to 0700 using this command.

chmod -R 700 /var/lib/samba/private/msg.sock

But then I got errors that these directories needed to have permissions 0755.

/var/lib/samba and /var/cache/samba.

I changed them using these commands.

chmod -R 755 /var/lib/samba

chmod -R 755 /var/cache/samba

I then reran the first command chmod -R 700 /var/lib/samba/private/msg.sock, to reset the msg.sock directory back to 0700 and then ran the testparm command and it worked.

I went back to the OMV SAMBA web page to enable it and it worked.

I hope what I did is what I was suppose to do to fix this.

Now my question is, how come the permissions were all screwed up?

Thanks for your help.

Hi donh, I get this error message.

root@omv5:~# testparm

rlimit_max: increasing rlimit_max (1024) to minimum Windows limit (16384)

invalid permissions on directory '/var/lib/samba/private/msg.sock': has 0775 should be 0700

Unable to initialize messaging context!

Hi donh, here is the information. The Samba logs are set at normal but can't get any logs to display since Samba doesn't want to start.

Hardware specs:

Motherboard: Asus PRIME-B450M-A

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G

RAM: 16G

Hard Drives:

Data: 3 WD RED 2 Tb, 2 Hard Drives in MergeFS for data and 1 for Parity using SnapRAID

Backup: 1 WD RED 6 Tb in external USB, every evening, RSync jobs scheduled to run backups

1 Hard drive for Docker storage, 1 WD Blue 1 Tb.

Images installed in Docker, Portainer, Plex, Pi-Hole, Watchtower and Unifi-Controller

ISO Image used to build the server, openmediavault_5.3.9-amd64.iso

Just let me know what kind of information you would like to get.

Hi gang, I just installed version 5 of OMV and I can't get Samba to start. I keep getting this error, it's in the attached file.

I looked at the error messages but can't see what the problem is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Files

Hi gang, I noticed in syslog, that a freshclam message that ClamAV is outdated. The version that is installed is 0.100.3, but there is a newer version, 0.101.2.

Is there a way to upgrade it to the latest version?

Thanks.

Hi gang, I'm running OMV in a Virtualbox and since this morning after I setup rsync to remote to another server, I can't login. When trying to login, the login screen just loops back. It does the same when trying to login at the terminal.

There are no rsync jobs running right now.

I noticed that the vdi file was almost full so I increased the size of my virtualbox vdi file from 4 gigs to 30 gigs, but it didn't work.

How can I go about to try to login?

By the way, I tried to login using SSH but I remembered that I deactivated it a while ago.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Hi gang, everytime I start PlexPy for my Plex server on OMV, 2 days later, my OpenMediaVault locks up and I have to shut it down.

I tried to view the logs but when my server restarts, I can't see the logs, they get resetted.

Is there a way to view what could be causing this?

Let me know if you require more info.

Thanks