Posts by henkall

I was using this plugin to run Windows VMs and figured out that when using the "virt viewer" the auto resizing the screen did not work. But I figured out why.

It was because the VM was missing something called "Channel spice" it is a device in the VM. The xml code looks like this:

Code
    <channel type='spicevmc'>
    <target type='virtio' name='com.redhat.spice.0'/>
    <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </channel>

Would it maybe be a thing you could add?

I don't think that info should be posted. We really don't need people building OMV6 yet. There are still a few issues with installation that I am working with Volker on.

That's fine. I understand. I was just wondering if I had missed some kind of release to the public. And from what I can hear then I haven't.

:thumbup:
    By the way from what I have seen on the blogposts the new gui design look pretty nice. Keep up the good work.

You can already compile and test 6 alpha from GitHub. However it will still take some time until it’s production ready.

I am a little curios now. Which GitHub are we talking about? I would like to try and build it from GitHub. If we do that can we then be able to play a little bit with the new gui?

That is why i thought swtching to IP address would fix the dns issues.

It fixed it for me I think. I just had to set static ip on my OMV so the hosts file would be generated with the right values.

Before when my file looked like this the docker that was created used the 127.0.1.1 ip as remote host variable and that did not work for me:

But after I setup my OMV ip to static ip and it look like this: :

The docker that was made now did use the 192.168.2.164 ip and that worked.

Sorry my bad just figured out why mine did not have the right values.

It was because I haven't sat any static ip on my OMV. I was running with the default DHCP ip given by the router when I installed OMV. My file now looks like this after I setup static ip:

Am I missing something or did we change from KVM to QEMU TCG somewhere?

When I try to use the new plugin now and create a new VM and try to install Windows 10 I see the Windows 10 logo at boot and the circle spinning and then just black screen.

When I try the efi then I just see the TianoCore and the spinning circle and there it just keeps spinning.

Why are we not using KVM?

Edit: Just in case you wan't to know then my cpu is a Xeon E3-1225

Edit2: Sorry about all the edits but I just looked at some of you code and was just wondering what you are trying to achieve with this:

https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…/engined/rpc/kvm.inc#L651

A other info are if you are running on the Proxmox kernel it name is "Linux 5.4.103-1-pve"

To those who can't get the novnc docker to connect. Try using only ip addresses. Not hostnames. That helped me. If you are using Portainer for your dockers you can edit the novnc docker to match the ip address of your server instead of the hostname. The environment variable in the novnc docker. And then when using the link from the plugin change the hostname in the url to the ip. Something odd is going on with using the hostname.

Thank you I appreciate the work you are doing. It is a very nice plugin. Just needs a lot of testing :) But there are also a lot of scenarios to account for.

Maybe you have not tested the remove function when the VM has two cdrom devices attached to it?

Error message would be helpful. Did you created a snapshot for that VM?

No I have not created a Snapshot.

The Error message is kind of hard to show because it does not show any. The remove function just does nothing when clicked on.

O and by the way the add function is giving me this on a vm with efi enabled. But i believe I have mentioned this before so maybe that fix is on its way:

I am running with the kvm plugin version 5.0.10

Hello I have just done some more testing and have gotten to another bug I think. When you use the Optical dropdown menu to add and remove. The remove function does not really work correctly.

input devices added. They will be in the next release. https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…f0b26bd5a8ec4bf7a7f99ec20 Worked well on my Windows test VM.

I am sorry to say this but will you please remove this:

Code
    $xml .= "<input type='mouse' bus='usb'/>";
    $xml .= "<input type='keyboard' bus='usb'/>";
    $xml .= "<input type='mouse' bus='virtio'/>";
    $xml .= "<input type='keyboard' bus='virtio'/>";

It was only the tablet part that is necessary. The mouse and keyboard is created as a default thing so you don't have to add them, only the tablet part is necessary to add.

Not quite sure if this is gonna help at all be when running the OMV on a hyperv I would recommend using the proxmox kernel and delete the other. Also install the hyperv demon tools. But it sounds very odd the problem with mounting your drives. I have never had that problem.

I think I have found a other bug. When I create a vm whit the uefi enabled I can't use the "Optical" dropdown menu to add a second ISO.

I want to do that so I am able to have bought the windows install iso and the virtio iso mounted at the same time. but I get this error:

Would it be possible to add a Virtual input device to the vm at creation? I have experienced with Windows and vnc that the mouse pointer not is on point. But when the Virtio Tablet is added to the vm and the virtio drivers is installed the pointer is much better.

The xml code looks like this.

Code
    <input type='tablet' bus='virtio'>
    <alias name='input2'/>
    <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x06' function='0x0'/>
    </input>

I added the device after the creation of the VM but if it was added by default it would give a better experience for Windows VMs.

Also by the way. It is a nice feature with making a novnc docker. That is really nice thing to have. When that is said, it could also be a really nice thing to have the option for Spice QXL video creation, like Cockpit has.