Beiträge von sudosudoo

its been a while but i only fixed it by upgrading to OMV 4.x

Hi All!
    the following is my current omv build mainly used for plexmediaserver and easier access to the files that plexmediaserver uses
    https://imgur.com/a/mbd8CpC (i uploaded the images to imgur because they were too big)

Specs:
    Core 2 Duo E6550 (2.33GHz)
    3 GB RAM
    230GB Drive for storage
    Toshiba 16GB usb for the OMV install

Well, from a support point of view (as in trying to provide it) I didn't see that one coming. :) I have to ask, why did you think shares would show up for users who don't have access to them?
    And as a rule of thumb, electronics don't like water. Building on storage media that has been damaged is, generally, not a good idea.

i didnt think the shares themselves would show up for users who cant access them but i did think the nas would show up in Network but it would ask for a password to view the shares. it asks for a password to view the shares as long as users and other is set to read only.

i did get the shares to work, having users set to not being able to access the share at all caused it to not show up, users needed to have read only access. also i think i had a currupt install of omv because the usb i was using had heaps of water damage and it works like only 10% of the time.

Hello,
    my samba share is not showing up on windows 10 at all, i am running windows 10 build 17017.rs_prerelease.171010-1400. is there any configs i need to provide at all?
    when i try \\192.168.0.15 in windows explorer and i goto troubleshooting when it says it fails it reports back this error The device or resource (192.168.0.15) is not set up to accept connections on port "The File and printer sharing (SMB)".
    Thank You.

UPDATE: i just downloaded and and now in the process of installing omv 4.0.14

Please Help,
    when i try to update i get the following error here:

my update settings are set to pre-release as i saw in another forum post to resolve this error but it did not make any difference
    i am running version 3.0.94