Beiträge von jhmiller

What's the problem? I know I haven't been much help so far, but perhaps I can try to solve it?

There are a few issues still to resolve but the main one is the tabs, they do not update. Well, they do but you have to clear the browsers cache for them to show, this make me wonder if the plugin is feasible any more.
    We could use main tabs instead of sub-tabs but this would make the page a little cluttered.

BTW your help is much appreciated, 2 heads are better than 1 :)

From what I have seen, it's probably better and more flexible to imagine a way to get the sensors name by the lm-sensors directories generated, and store it somewhere in a conf file than to hard code all the possible chipset.

Yes and no. There are a lot of sensors and not all are of any use on some systems, the script is done in a way that it checks for the common ones first and also where multiple sensors on kown systems it has an order to pick the most likely sensor. I was planning on adding something along those line as a fail safe if the script did not find ANY sensors.

I have now found the issue with the tabs not showing up and it has been fixed but this has led on to another problem :(

I can now display graphs for everything except system fans, It will show system fans if combined with the cpu fan but will not show it on its own graph(errors when applying.)

I do not get any errors on my end, I can enable cpu, cpu and cores and add motherboard temps on same graph. All working with no errors.

I just uploaded eveything I have so far, so you or anyone else can check it out and see what they can come up with.

Are you sure you've pushed everything? I don't see an mkrrdgraph folder in the repo.

I don't use a mkrrdgraph folder, just checked your github and can't see it there either? What do you use it for?

Sorry I just got what I think you mean.
    I generate /usr/share/openmediavault/mkrrdgraph/plugins.d/sensors.py using the script depending what options are set on the plugin page.

Sorry this is taking so long to port over to OMV4 but my time on this is very limited and there is a heck of a lot of code that needs to be converted.

So far I have a working plugin for CPU temps only. I still need to figure out how to add the extra sub panels, the code (below) was working for OMV3 but I just can't figure out why it is not working under OMV4. I don't want to move on to the other sensors until I have gotten the sub tabs working.

Code
    rm /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors
    wget -O /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/openmediavault-sensors/master/usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors
    chmod +x /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors
    /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors

Update the script again, refresh the webui and then check graphs.

If it still does not work can you check if /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/ has a folder called something like sensors-it877....
    If it does have the folder can you re-run the debug command again, making sure you have enabled CPU temp.

Thanks

To make those commands run on boot (they need to be)

edit /etc/rc.local nano /etc/rc.local and put the line in near the bottom but before the exit command.

I have added the it877 sensor to the script but you must manually update it by doing

Code
    rm /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors
    wget -O /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/openmediavault-sensors/master/usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors
    chmod +x /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors
    /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors

Should be good after this.

Ports
    We need ports 53, 80, and 4711. Port 80 is optional if you decide not to install the Web dashboard during installation.

Port 80 should be used by lighttpd
    If you have another Web server already running, such as Apache, Pi-hole's Web server will not work. You can either disable the other Web server or change the port on which lighttpd listens, which allows you keep both Web servers running.

CHANGES SHOULD BE MADE IN A SEPERATE CONFIG FILE:
    /etc/lighttpd/external.conf

I attach output of your command after having the error message.

That does not look correct. It should end like

Code
    + service collectd restart
    + /usr/sbin/omv-mkgraph
    + rm -f /var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json
    + exit 0

I would first try uninstalling then reinstalling, do not update to latest script, enable CPU temp only and if fails then re-run the command i gave you above.
    What sensors are shown when you run sensors from the shell?

@Ambro72 and @vshaulsk
    Did you have the error before updating? What OMV version?

Can you both provide the output of sh -x /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors
    Make sure you have enabled at least the CPU temps (even if if errors when you apply)

@Silberlog

Thanks for the information, I have added it to the script if you would like to check it out.
    hopefully others will find it useful as well.

BTW, when will the plugin moved to stable ?

Not sure, I have lots of ideas but no time to try them out, simple fixes and adding other peoples stuff is fine as it takes no time but more complex stuff requires a lot more time.