Beiträge von pioneermoney

another option is to mantain a docker compose file with all your containers configurations, port maps, volume maps etc.

This!

Looks like I'm going to have a lot of reading to do on docker compose. I'll confess I don't really understand a lot of the syntax, but that's just my lack of familiarity with the system, I'm sure.

I was in the same boat and found that the time invested was well worth the flexibility afterwards. Something that was particularly helpful was learning that there are usually sample docker compose yml files at the maintainer's github project. That, combined with a lot of trial and error, helped me learn about docker compose. If you're having trouble with any specific configurations, just go ahead and post, there are several knowledgeable members here that can help.

Interestingly enough, the maintainer of the container posted a link to a sample docker compose file that may be helpful in getting your containers set up.

As an aside, the command that finally worked for me was the following (note I'm on ARM so I needed the armhf build):

sudo docker run -it --restart=always --dns XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX --cap-add=NET_ADMIN --device /dev/net/tun --name vpn -v /srv/dev-disk-by-label-storage/home/docker/.config/vpn:/vpn -e PGID=100 -e PUID=1001 -d dperson/openvpn-client:armhf -f ""

edit: just replace the dns X's with your own dns, or remove it entirely if you don't want to specify the dns server

For Jdownloader (or whatever container you want), you can run a OpenVPN container and use that container network for jdownloader container.
    You can look at this github.com/dperson/openvpn-client .
    transmission-openvpn image use the same principles

So if I'm interpreting dperson's container description correctly, instead of having to run the transmission-openvpn container and a jdownloader-openvpn container (as an example, idk if that even exists) you could just run his openvpn-client container and then use containers for transmission, jd, etc that do not have openvpn built in; they would just leverage the openvpn-client container's vpn connection. That way you don't have multiple unnecessary connections to your vpn in separate containers. If that's the case, that's really cool and I need to work on getting that implemented.

Code
    W: Target Packages (main/binary-armhf/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1

Fresh upgrade, and now I'm getting errors on apt update

I'm getting the Target Packages and Target Translations errors as well. Would it be better to comment the line out of /etc/apt/sources.list or delete the openmediavault-kernel-backports.list file from /etc/apt/sources.list.d (or any other solution to end the duplication warnings?)