Beiträge von mes mariusz

Hi

I would like to keep existing OMV configuration (no additional shared folder, no new SMB share). I would like just to mount additional (new) HDD (so additional space) into existing and already shared filesystem. Possible to do it permanently?

Then it could be also possible to have a single shared folder / single SMB share with a few directories inside, and different drives (filesystems) mounted to that directories (each directiry different HDD).

Possible / easy in OMV6 environment ?

Are you sure you need to use ACLs?

I have to set especially the parameter Recursive, because otherwise I'm not able to run any exe files directly from the Samba storage.
    Of course I can do it manually via the console (chmod -R 770 /path/to/share/content) but then when I place new .exe files in that location via Samba I can't run it again (because OMV force all for all new files to be without rights to execute).

Rest of questions I will answer after I back home.

I don't remember if Quota has been enabled by defauld for all drives after installation OMV6, but it looks I have it enabled:

How to permanently or temporary disable the quota for all or single filesystem ?

I also would like to remove the files: aquota.group and aquota.user.

If someone could write a step by step manual it could be great.

Hi.

My OMV version: 6.8.0-1 (Shaitan)

Any idea why from some time, when I change user priviliges I need then to confirm twice the pending changes?

When I see this yellow bar I confrm the changes, after that the page is reloaded automatically, and I see... again the yellow bar.

After I confirm it again, then there is no more yellow bar after page is reloaded again.

Any Idea what is broken and how to solve it ?

Finally everytching started working after I applied this:

Code
    omv-confdbadm migrate conf 6.0.0

Great :D

2. An OMV 5 is upgradeable to OMV6.

Thank you for the hint,

Then If I will be able to repair the network on that OMV5 (via standard Debian config files /etc/network...) I could even upgrade.

At the moment I see I have no other choice because of this smartmontools error which I can't managed until still.

I believe that just one module-mistake separates me from easy success ;)

All other mudules seems to be deployed orrectly.

1. I would like to use smaller one (32 GB instead of current one 250 GB SSD)

2. I would like to upgrade to ONM v6 (no reason to stay at v5)
    3. Old OMV was used on other location (got other IP @ old LAN). I'm a bit surprised because I thought that it was configured as DHCP client and it's independent from old IP. But I see this OMV dont ask DHCP server about IP to get it, so I think even if that was OMV6, then omv-regen could be easily usable becauso (maybe) old (bad) network settings would be moved.

Thankl you. I will check your solution.

Paralelly I checked which modules returns mistakes and I see that only smartmontools makes the issue:

#omv-salt deploy run smartmontools

Hi.

I moved all existing HDD's and config.xml and fstab content (except new OS drive) into new hardware with fresh installed OMV.

As I mentioned config.xml has been replaced by this from the older hardware. It must work, because all drives have been moved from the old OMV into this new one. So all UUID, and so one remains the same.

The same for fstab except / and SWAP (because of new OS drive).

So I made omv-salt deploy run fstab (everything OK, no any errors.

After reboot everything seems to work excelent (including samba and all shares. But I noticed that e-mail notification doesn't work anymore. So I tried to disable the notifications and enable it again. When I try to save my settings I see:

Any help how to find the reason / how to make this working again ?

Thank you and best regards

Mariusz

Hi.

Is there any solution to introduce users replication between a few instances of OMV ?
    When I add some user on my master OMV I would like then to have them created on every OMV instance.

Usecase: I have a few OMV servers between a few locations connected via VPN.
    The reason is both: safety backup and fast direct access to our shares (not necessary to use Internet connection to fast access to data (there is one master OMV and a few mirror machines. There are the same shared folder created and there are Rsync task run automaticaly once a day.

Any ideas to user replication between a few OMV servers (from "master" to a few "slaves") ?

Hi.

I just installed a new instance of NAS based on OpenMediaVault.
    I also installed a NUT Plugin ( openmediavault-nut 6.0.3-1 ) and configured with my UPS:

Code
    driver = usbhid-ups
    port = auto
    ignorelb
    override.battery.charge.low = 40
    override.battery.runtime.low = 500

Awerything works fine, but I'm really worred about what I see in a console:

Code
    [FAILED] Failed unmounting /srv/dev-disk-by...

So it means that a few of a several drives wasn't unmounted correctly (but why?).

Does it mean that the system performed the power off, for not properly unmounted drive even if UPS still almost full of energy ?

But I had it installed previously. Maybe it started be missing after some upgrade. And yes, i see something like that:

How to repair it ?