Beiträge von pucksr

You may have broken the config.xml file when editing it. Did you make a backup of that file before manipulating it? You still have it?

Fixed it.
    I had accidentally entered to return characters at the start of the xml. I removed them and refreshed and now it is back.

I appreciate all the help

Also, if anyone finds this while searching: option 3 "workbench" is just a reference to the web GUI

You should handle this via the CLI and running omv-firstaid and taking choice #3.

Sorry.

I was thrown by the term "workbench" on choice #3

additionally, when I do make this choice, I get the following text in response

Code
    {'response': None, 'error': {'code': 0, 'message': 'Fatal error 64: XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document (line=3, column=6)', 'trace': "OMV\\Config\\DatabaseException: Fatal error 64: XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document (line=3, column=6) in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/databasebackend.inc:123\nStack trace:\n#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc(34): OMV\\Config\\DatabaseBackend->load()\n#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc(44): OMV\\Config\\Database->__construct()\n#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/certificatemgmt.inc(70): OMV\\Config\\Database::getInstance()\n#3 [internal function]: Engined\\Rpc\\CertificateMgmt->getList(Array, Array)\n#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\\Rpc\\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getList', Array, Array)\n#6 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\\Rpc\\Rpc::call('CertificateMgmt', 'getList', Array, Array, 1)\n#7 {main}", 'http_status_code': 500}}
    ERROR: Fatal error 64: XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document (line=3, column=6)

Hi all,

So, I am an idiot and changed my web admin port from 80 to 79.

It wouldn't allow me to access the GUI, I believe because some internal service is running on 79(but I could be wrong and it could be some different problem)

So, I went in to edit the config file in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

That now lists 80 again, but I still cannot connect to the GUI

Anyway, not sure what to do. Everything is still running fine and there isn't any emergency, though I would like to be able to access the GUI

Reading old support threads in the forum, it seems like omv-firstaid used to have a command to reset the GUI, but I dont get that option anymore. Is there a similar command or some other trick I am missing?

Im running OMV 6.1.0

Hi everyone, having a bit of a fun time with OMV. Needing some help.

I updated OMV(bad idea, but I was trying to address an issue unrelated to the HDD) and my ext4 hard drive failed to show up after update. I tried a clean/new install of OMV(4.1.10) and have the same issue.
    I tried a manual mount in CLI, got the following error message:

Code
    mount: /dev/sdb1: more filesystems detected. This should not happen,
           use -t <type> to explicitly specify the filesystem type or
           use wipefs(8) to clean up the device.

I did some digging. I apparently have a ZFS entry on the ext4 hdd signature, though the drive is formatted as ext4. I can force it to mount as ext4 in CLI and everything "works". However, this doesn't work for OMV. OMV apparently requires all HDDs to be mounted in the web-interface if you want to use them for anything.

I found some discussion on my HDD issue. However, I haven't been able to find a suitable resolution(FSTYPE discussion). My problem is nearly identical to the issues discussed in that archlinux forum thread.
    Their discussion of using the zpool command seems like it would work, but ZFS doesn't work on 4.1.10 and I am having problems getting ZFS to work on any live linux distribution for my PC. (If someone has a good recommendation for getting ZFS to load up in either OMV 4.1.10 w/ kernel 4.17 or some alternative, I am ALL EARS)
    As I understand it, the only solution seems to be wipe the HDD and start over. That seems a bit extreme for a bad entry.

I understand that most of you are probably wiser than I could ever be on this issue, so does anyone have any suggestions?