Beiträge von Agricola

Enabling home directories would put the /home/wayne directory on a data disk (which seems to be what you want). It won't move it now though. So, you need to enable home directories, either create a new username or delete the old one and recreate. If your data can be re-sync'd, then rm -rf /home/wayne will remove the files.

Enable home directories under User Setting - and choose a data disk as the destination?

It looks like syncthing is syncing the files to a user's home directory. What is the output of: du -d1 -h -x /home/ | sort -h

I ran the same command with /home/Wayne, and what do you know, a whole bunch of my synced folders were in there. So I'm guessing I am suppose to allow home directories? Just a guess. What is the command to delete those files/folders in /home/Wayne? Should I delete the folder /Wayne and its contents?

Well, I guess I will reply to my own thread. Today I loaded a fresh install of OMV on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ and the same thing happened as did with the Odroid. On this install I had only one shared folder and it was on Disk1, a 750gb 2.5" Hitachi. I was syncing from the pi to just one desktop mac. Surely someone out there can give me an answer to my plight.

You should use an external hard drive with your Raspberry pi. You don't want to be copying thing t the SD card, other wise you will shorten its life.

I have a brand new 4TB Western Digital connected via powered USB. It probably doesn't make much difference but I'm running an Odroid UX4. I know there is a lot of negative on the UX4 but everything has loaded up nicely and performed perfectly, until I actually started to implement a serious backup. I did a fresh install this morning on a brand new 32GB A1 SanDisk and the same thing happened a couple hours ago.

I have just gotten my new install on an Odroid to run smoothly. Running Syncthing to sync two Macs to each other and the Odroid. As the sync is in progress my mmcblk1p2 partition space continues to fill up until at about 13% complete sync for the Odroid the mmcblk1p2 partition usage indicator turns red at 85%/6.13gb full. At this point Syncthing shuts down. I am new at this. Any direction would be helpful.

Way back at the first install video of OMB you create a "Downloads" folder, but never use it in the setups for Nextcloud or Let's Encrypt. I am needing that folder name in Syncthing for backing up/syncing folders on my two computers. Is there any reason I cannot do so?

On the router issue, I probably will not turn it into a vegetable just yet. Right now I am wrestling with starting over with OMV. My previous install was on a 16gb card and when I started syncing my computers for the first time yesterday the second partition of OMB system volume went to 93% and Syncthing shut down. I'm not sure if it was the small card or having dangling participles with a half-installed Let's Encrypt. Not having a proper backup (I thought I did) I decided to start over with a fresh 32gb card. I'm still learning how to create a disk image backup and I guess I missed a step a couple of days ago. All for the best. "Repetitio mater studiorum." Thanks for the help.

I almost thought you said "Thank you mulchly". I guess I was reading your tag.

That's funny.

Well, the article on Airport Extreme was a wash. Thanks for the effort though. I have just about decided-based on the total lack of pertinent internet info-that an Airport Extreme is not able to do what "we" want. I have ordered a Netgear R7000 which should be here tomorrow.

At the point in ssh where you enter "docker logs -f letsencrypt" you say in the video that this will take a while. I found it humorous that the print out down a bit says "This is going to take a long time". Just in front of that is the information "Generating DH parameters, 2048 bit long safe prime," which was nothing to me. My computer programmer son-in-law just happened to come by and see the text on the screen and "explained" what that meant. The process taking sooo long is that it is generating a "long safe prime" number that is 2048 bits, which he said amounts to some kind of prime number that is around 600 decimal places long. That is why it takes so long to finish. I found that useless but fascinating.

The down side of the story is that at the end of the "long time" I get the notice "Error getting validation data" with a list of possible solutions. Obviously almost all of it was router related. I figure what the heck and ordered the Netgear router (which is open source supported). I also found this article on upgrading the firmware with Tomato. Can you take a quick look at it and see if it is good info or should I just proceed with setting up the new router as is out of the box? I know it's not required to get Let's Encrypt up and running, but I'm just so curious to see why someone would risk bricking a router.

@TechnoDadLife, I'm not as far along on this one as Nefertiti is. I am still stuck at port forwarding. In your example you have "internal" and "external" ports where your forwarding info is placed. I'm on a Macintosh using Airport Extreme and my settings for port forwarding looks like what's below. I have found the mac address of my Odroid. In the settings below, does "public" and "private" correlate to "external" and "internal"? And then the 80/90 & 443/450 ports: which is LDP and which is TCP? Am I speaking Greek? Do I need to go out and get a "real" modem?

Which brings me to the question of of this "Tomato" router you mentioned in the video. Your mention was the first I'd ever heard of such a thing. Are they easier to work with or what? I know this is probably a whole new topic, so you can skip that. My son has a spare Asus router that I am going to try to set up in place of this Apple router, and see if I can make any headway. Thanks for the video. It really is good. I'm just a bit dense and sheltered (at 62) in an Apple world all my life.

Nefertiti-There may be some confusion here. You won't see the comments if you are viewing the video from the forums. You need to view the video at the YouTube site and read the comments below.

Tecno Dad Life-One thing that threw me right at the end @ 11:07 in the first Nextcloud video was that you said/typed nextcloud as the database name instead of nextclouddb. The setup timed out on the browser. After screaming in pain a few seconds I clicked the back arrow in Firefox and changed the database name and it set up perfectly. One question (for now) on the second video: why do you register several subdomain names with Duck DNS, and why would you list several in the Letsencrypt setup? Don't you need just one subdomain name to set up?

Definitely still struggling big time on this wish TechnoDadLife could give me a hint!
    UPDATE

Well I think for the Raspberry we need to use the servers below in dockers
    lsioarmhf/nextcloud
    lsioarmhf/mariadb

Interesting I will give it a try.

Incidentally, I have been messing with an Odroid UX4. OMV installed like butter with the Odroid package. I haven't tried to add Nextcloud yet. (Got Nextcloud to work perfectly by itself on top of Ubuntu-Mate 18.04 on the Odroid.) I wonder if those Docker packages will work with it in OMV.

I read somewhere that OMV uses Nginx and Nextcloud uses Apache. I guess that is why Nextcloud has to have MariaDB installed with it, and that MariaDB is a suitable alternative to Apache-probably a slimmer install.

Well, I'm sorry, but what I suggested in my previous comment didn't work how I wanted, at least not how I expected. I was able to get files to populate into the Nextclouddb folder but none of them were custom.cnf so when I opened it up in the ssh it was still blank.

If you go into your User settings in OMV you will see a permissions sub-menu. Select/highlight your user and click on Permissions and check the box for "read/write" of the Nextclouddb folder.

There is a similar Permissions and also a ACL sub-menu inside the Shared Folders section. Select/highlight the Nextclouddb folder and then click on permissions and check the box next to the user you have. Save and then click on the ACL sub-menu and what I did was check the box by my user, admin, and root. Save and close.

Now, all that being said, I was not able to produce a proper custom.cnf file. I hope this is a small piece of the puzzle you have been looking for. I'm still looking for more pieces. I am currently on my fourth fresh install of OMV. For me, on a Raspberry pi 3 B+, I have put NextCloud on the back burner for a while. Right now I have OMV with Syncthing plugin running smoothly (well, almost).

I am convinced that Docker is poison to the Raspberry pi 3 B+. Don't even try to download an image unless it has a "rpi-" prefix to it, and then sit around and wait forever for someone to stumble in and explain to you how to configure the Mariadb (I haven't even gotten to the Nextcloud part.) Enough of my babble. Hope you find what you are looking for Nefertiti.

I’m not at my computer to see exactly but this should work for you.
    Under Shared Folders highlight your folder and click Permissions in the menu bar above and then check the box next to admin and what ever user you have in place. Click save, yes, save, yes... you know the drill.
    Next, click the ACL button in the menu bar above and I think there is just one check box. Check it and do the save, yes, save thing again.
    I think you should do that for AppData and Nextcloud folders, maybe all of your shared folders.
    I think when you add these folders there is a radio button in the setup that says something about inheriting permissions: that should be turned on as well. That’s the best I can do without my screen in front of me. If that doesn’t work. I’ll be on my machine later this evening. Anybody like to correct, add, or clarify please do so. I’m just the blind leading the blind.

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but there are several "syncthing" plugins that pop up in Docker. Which one should I install, and what are the settings for creating the container? I'm a Mac user with a Rpi3B+ running OMV 4. Please help a noob.

Same problem here, but instead nothing showed up in my nextclouddb folder. Blank doc in the ssh and nothing in the folder. Everything in the guide seemed straightforward enough. Can't figure where I went wrong. Instead of jumping ship to another guide I would like to know how to fix this. I'm guessing that setting up the mariadb container in the previous step was suppose to generate the doc. I'm working on a MacBookPro with version 4.1.11 of OMB on a Rpi 3 B+. Anybody have some insight?