Posts by RomainD2

Found it !!! It was the homeassistant database, the file home-assistant_v2.db, which was really heavy because of storing sensor state with a huge refresh rate!

Plus the local snapshot of Home assistant which was saving this huge database!

Hi,

I tried to make an update of my home assistant docker container, and It wans't working anymore because my disk was full...

It is not the first time that this problem appears... I made a docker container prune, and a docker volume prune, which give me some little space, arround 1Go, and I was able to login again to my OMV server Web interface. However, I am still worried about the space used by docker...

I saw this post which seems to be related to my problem, and I tried some stuff : Unable to log into web gui after update

There are something that seems bizare to me on my configuration :

1596568566-omv-docker-problem2.png

The docker system df command tell me that I only use arround 7Go maximum, but the overlay2 folder inside the default docker folder has a size arround 15Go! It is a lot of space as I am using a small SSD for my system, and I would like to keep the docker folder on the SSD to have the best response time for my services...

I think the home assistant docker container take a lot of space to update, and then doesn't purge the unnecessary data...

Do you have any idea how to resolve that ?

Hi,

I am using the captvty application on my windows computer, and I found this interesting docker which can run this application on linux:

https://hub.docker.com/r/k3ck3c/captvty/

But I don't really understand if there are a web gui interface to acess this application from a specific port, as for example with jdownloader which I am using that way (https://hub.docker.com/r/jlesage/jdownloader-2/)

I tried to install it with command lines, but I haven't found the way to access to the application GUI.

Thanks.

Hi,

I am trying to install this docker:

https://github.com/daBONDi/go-rest-wol

I tried to install it with the command lines, as specified in the github page, but I don't know where is the computer.csv to edit id with my settings.

I would like to install it with portainer in order to force the patth of this file on my AppData filder, and I don't know how to choose the path for the computer.csv file. I tried /config, but it doesn't work:

1589966605-capture.png

Thanks for your help!

I also have all these errors, and I try to do the above procedure, but one command doesn't work :

Code
    root@rdhome:~# ls -l /sbin/start-stop-daemon*
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 94 mai 14 11:10 /sbin/start-stop-daemon
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 44200 juin 3 2019 /sbin/start-stop-daemon.REAL
    root@rdhome:~# mv start-stop-daemon.REAL start-stop-daemon
    mv: impossible d'évaluer 'start-stop-daemon.REAL': Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

Could you help me ?

Thanks

Hi,

I have a problem with my external USB3 hard disk drive connected to my OpenMediaVault server.

To begin, everything was working fine on OMV4, I have this problem since I have reinstalled all my server under OMV5.

After few minutes, even when I use the hard drive, the disk seems to spindown, and it disappears from the disk management on the OMV GUI.

BEFORE

1589883800-problemes-hdd4.png

1589883685-problemes-hdd3.png

AFTER

1589883685-problemes-hdd2.png

1589885838-problemes-hdd5.png

I need to disconnect the USB cable and reconnect it to find again my disk in the disk management list, and then to mont again the drives...

I tried to force maximum performance and consumption, with no spindown on these disk, but with no success... On OMV4, it was working fine, even with the spindown enable, the disk wasn't disappear from the list, and when I had to access to my files, it was spin up again with no problems.

Do you have any ideas ?

Thanks

I think I have found the problem...

1589704789-disk.png

What is this overlay2 folder which take me so much disk space ?

The file doesn't exist :

[cpp]root@rdhome:~# ls -ltra /var/cache/openmediavaultcache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json

ls: impossible d'accéder à '/var/cache/openmediavaultcache.omvcontrolpanellogin_js.json': Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type[/cpp]

I have something similar, but it is not the same file path:

I can reinstall OMV from scratch to resolve it, but I would like to understand what happened because it is not the first time that I have this error. I have it few days ago, but I needed to reinstall my system on another disk, so I haven't search for a solution.

What do you put inside the primary & secondary DNS settings on the OMV web gui ? Because the 8.8.8.8 wasen't working anymore after few hour...

Thanks

Hi,

I spend one week to configure my server on OMV5, I had a lot of problems..

For example, I had to remove the DNS setting 8.8.8.8 as specified in the technodadlife video of OMV5 installation because I was not able to add or update any pluggins on homeassistant container, and the apt update and upgrade wasn't working anymore... So I have removed the DNS settings, and it was working again.

I finally get everything working today :love: and just before doing a clonezilla backup... Everything goes wrong... I wasn't able to access to my openmediavault GUI anymore...:cursing:

After rebooting, I have obtained the following error on the interface :

1. Error #0:
    2. OMV\Exception: Failed to read file '/var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json' (size=0). in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:207
    3. Stack trace:
    4. #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc(223): OMV\Json\File->getContents()
    5. #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/controlpanel/controlpanelabstract.inc(198): OMV\Json\File->read()
    6. #2 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(46): OMV\ControlPanel\ControlPanelAbstract->render()
    7. #3 {main}

And I don't know what to do... I search on the web, I have enough space on my disk, but I don't know why this error appears... ||

Is it because of DNS setting? I try to change it, but without the web interface, I don't know how to do it...

Could you help me?

Thanks

I have done some more stuff.

I have removed my TP-Link router and connected my server directly to my internet provider modem / router. But the problem was still there.

I tried to installed NextCloud, according to this video :

And at the letsEncrypt step into the Nextcloud web interface (see above video, I put the time selector at the right place), I still have the same problem :

What's weird is that when I use my public IP, I can access to NextCloud, and when I use the duck dns domain, I just have a message of access from an unapproved domain. So it seems to work...

Thanks again for your help. So lets try for the jdownloader subdomain.

I have do my stack template following yours. Here it is :

PS : We don't need the DuckDNS TOKEN ?

Then, I have edited into proxy_conf the jdownloader file (I have used on my previous OMV4 installation) :

But I still have the same error :

Even without the subdomain creation, Shouldn't I obtain the correct certificate at the first run of LetsEncrypt ?

Thanks or your help.

I have configured my docker container with the following stack under Portainer :

I have just seen that I have made a mistake on my config path... :

Code
    /path/to/appdata/letsencrypt

And I can't find the letsencrypt folder!

Hi,

I have tried to install it again, with the right fowarding port on my modem and my router.

DuckDNS is working fine, so my port redirection seems to be good. Hovever, When I am installing the letsencrypt docker container, I still have the same error...

Could you help me please ?

Thanks

This finally got it to work for me. Thanks!!!

Thanks for the link! (lifewire)

I live in MA USA and was able to finally get my OMV notifications working using smtp.gmail.com and port 465 SSL/TLS. I original had it set to 25 or 587 but would not handshake.

Using 5.3.9-1 (Usul)

Hi,

I am triyng as well to set email notification on my gmail account, but I still can't do it work, even with your advices...

Could you send me the screenshot of what you've put into the notification tab on OMV ? What should be the sender and recipient email cases ?

Thanks for your help!

Is opposite. Port 587 gives far less trouble than 465. To make 465 work with gmail you need to allow something like “insecure” connections or similar in gmail.

The order is wrong sender is the gmail account, recipient is the account on rdhomeserver.com domain

Yes the password needs to be an app one and 2fa needs to be enabled for gmail to work.

I try to switch both adresses, it still doesn't work. Is the rdhomeserver.com domain should exist ?

Is there are a tutorial to set these email notification ?