Beiträge von catpants

I did this to fix my usb to usb install, and I'm not having any issues other than dockers having problems accessing data after a reboot, and I'm trying to figure out if this is related:

Docker can't access shared folders after reboot

logs are giving:

Feb 13 15:21:09 o systemd[1]: dev-disk-by\x2dlabel-4tbExternal.device: Job dev-disk-by\x2dlabel-4tbExternal.device/start timed out.
    Feb 13 15:21:09 o systemd[1]: Timed out waiting for device dev-disk-by\x2dlabel-4tbExternal.device.
    Feb 13 15:21:09 o systemd[1]: srv-dev\x2ddisk\x2dby\x2dlabel\x2d4tbExternal.mount: Job srv-dev\x2ddisk\x2dby\x2dlabel\x2d4tbExternal.mount/start failed with result 'dependency'.
    Feb 13 15:21:09 o systemd[1]: Dependency failed for File System Check on /dev/disk/by-label/4tbExternal.
    Feb 13 15:21:09 o systemd[1]: dev-disk-by\x2dlabel-4tbExternal.device: Job dev-disk-by\x2dlabel-4tbExternal.device/start failed with result 'timeout'.

has anyone had a similar issue? I'd hate to have to reinstall again to an HDD and hope that fixes it, but I'm skeptical of even that. I managed to make the boot order work originally somehow doing usb to usb

Try using the actual fully qualified path instead of a shared folder for host path.

so if I'm trying to put it on my 4tb at /dev/sdb1 that is already mounted what would I do? all the tutorials I've seen say to make a shared folder and use that. This use to work for about 2 months until something happened.

I did notice that when rebooting, its hanging at detecting the drives for a minute and 30 seconds, then moves on - it's almost like docker is loading before the drives do.

edit: getting this for all drives:

systemd[1]: Dependency failed for /srv/dev-disk-by-label-4tb.
    systemd[1]: srv-dev\x2ddisk\x2dby\x2dlabel\x2dDVRhdd.mount: Job srv-dev\x2ddisk\x2dby\x2dlabel\x2dDVRhdd.mount/start failed with result 'dependency'.

they end up loading and mounting later with no issues other than docker though

Hello,

After rebooting, containers have no access to shared folders - nothing shows up under shared folders when adding a folder in host path (just automatically/accidentally made files/folders since the docker is pointing there now), and dockers don't load config files properly. If I go to shared folders and change the path elsewhere and then point it back, all of my dockers work with the proper configs until I restart again. I had this happen on another install but also had weird permissions at that point, so I started over with everything new, thinking maybe it was ACL or the reset perms plugin having issues, but I havn't touched them here. I thought recursive permissions might be the issue too, but none of them interfere with each other. Everything else seems fine, I can access the files over the smb and ftp after a restart so it seems like it's just docker having the issues. Any ideas? Thanks.