Beiträge von denny2k2

@denny2k2 I found your idea to have a heimdall dashboard as a starting page intriguing. So i tried to set it up myself and first hit the same point as you. In my case I solved the problem of the "bad gateway" endpoint by joining the letsencrypt and heimdall docker in a network. My letsencrypt docker was already in a network called my-net together with the nextcloud docker (following TechnoDadLife's tutorials). So I added the extra argument --network my-net to the heimdall docker. After that i could reach heimdall over a subdomain of my duckdns account -> e.g. https://heimdall.mydomain.duckdns.org

You sly dog!
    That was actually on my "to try" list.
    Glad that it worked for you. Will give it a bash myself.

nand-sata-install simply works. It transfers the rootfs (your OS partition) to connected USB/SATA storage and after the following reboot only the bootloader remains on SD card but the whole OS lives on USB/SATA storage. But this doesn't make sense if the storage on a HC1 or HC2 is a HDD and the disk should spin down since with the rootfs on this HDD it will either constantly be woken up or you need to configure the HDD to never spin down.

On an HC1/2 could you not have an SSD attached via USB with a SATA adapter and use this to house your OS?
    - So SD card has bootloader
    - SSD has OS
    - HDD has data

That way the HDD could still spindown.

The usb drive is one of the problems.

Try running OMV in a virtual machine, then you can test and learn as much as you want.

I do the same as you. I am using lots of old hardware. I have OMV running on a raspberry pi, a netbook, a old business laptop, old gaming pc and a server, but not a MacBook. I am thinking of building a hackintosh though with a Nuc that I just got. :thumbup:

Will try VM - it's something I havent dabbled with yet, so want learn.
    Good luck with the hackintosh - let me know how you get on!

Lots of interesting things going.
    Are you using an apple device?
    Do you have your hard drives attached vis usb and trying to do zfs? There is a warning that says it doesn’t work if you try to do via usb.

Yes, I've repurposed an old Macbook and drive is attached via USD. No ZFS at all.
    If I am honest, I was using this setup more as a sandbox for testing out OMV, Plex, the various plugins and how to reverse proxy.
    More as a dry run before I invest in a more permanent setup. So I know that this setup is far from ideal for my use case.

This is very interesting, I have been hovering over the BUY button on a HC2 for the last few days...this pretty much sounds like the right set up for my current situation, budget and use case.

Can I ask why people favour Emby over Plex in these situations? Is it better for SBCs?

So what that means is you are probably skipping at least one step when setting up your containers. So updated config file is not the problem. First, make sure your containers are set up right. That means you can reboot your machine and everything comes back online. The details are everything.

Interestingly I found this thread:
    Clean shutdown DOCKER containers before reboot or shutdown OMV

Which describes a similar scenario and someone suggested that it's possible there isn't a bind mount or volume for each container. I believe all the containers I am using I set up following TechnoDadLife videos - so don't think I've skipped any steps when setting up. But will do further reading and have a look - it may well be that it has something to do with the reboot as my drive didn't initially mount on reboot, which might contribute to the issue also.

must work, your proxy-conf file appears to be good.

why do not try my approach? ( buy a own name and use it for all of your services?)

Interesting. I looked into your domain and CNAME approach - but surely if I am pointing the CNAME to duckdns then I will still have the same issue? Unless I am misunderstanding

Just out of curiosity have you tried restarting your server?

I'm driving home now - so will give that a bash as soon as I am home and report back :)

Such an informative post! Thank you very much. Yes I was hoping to go for a E3 1226 V3 or similar (something that has Quick Sync). It may very well be that this is overkill, but I read that it idles very low for power consumption and albeit without ECC RAM it would be more than adequate for my set up.

Well considering I am currently running an old Macbook as my server just now I think anything would be an improvement! haha

That means that your config file is wrong. Why don't you post a screen shot of your config file? It's hard to give advice when you aren't showing anything.

Sorry, I agree that you all aren't mind readers! Haha.

Attached is a screengrab of my heimdall.subdomain.conf file which lives in:
    /AppData/Docker/Letsencrypt/nginx/proxy-confs

My DNS is d3nny.duckdns.org and I am attempting to have Heimdall be what loads up when you go to d3nny.duckdns.org to act as a "dashboard" to access my other applications (Sonarr, Radarr, SABnzbd etc).

Internal IP: 192.168.0.23
    Heimdall Port: 8081

I'd like to password protect this also - but I think we should just tackle one thing at a time haha.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Also out of interest. I've noticed that no one has mentioned any microservers as a decent option?
    I have been scouring ebay for cheap 2nd hand options/refurbs and there are some decent prices out there.
    I feel like a 4/5 year old microserver might be a better option for the duel purpose of Plex (or Emby?) media server AND a NAS set up.

This is almost exactly what I want as my set up. Thanks for the insight. I already keep all of my Docker contrainers within one folder and tidied up - but I didn't think to use a shared folder as the Docker base path which is a great idea.

Can I ask why Emby instead of Plex?

I'm not suggesting that much, more asking questions :) And I personally am a fan of data categorization but not necessarily with different physical drives. IMO it's important to backup stuff so if you're on a low budget what about using 2 HC2 with a large disk each and using the 2nd one as a backup target for the first one? At least that's why I love SBC as NAS boxes so much: inexpensive so you can use more than one in different locations.
    2GB are more than enough. And most probably I don't understand the question since you can add up to 4 SATA drives to the Helios4 without any problem. If you need more you're entering tinkerer area. Each SATA port on the Helios4 is SATA PM capable and as such you could attach up to 5 disks to each port behind a SATA port multiplier (a really weird but possible setup).

Sorry I should have been more clear, Helios is a 4 drive bay but I would likely only have 2 drives in it just now (for my current set up). So wanted to make sure it was easy enough to add a further 1 or 2 drives down the line. I like to keep things simple so wouldn't be getting involved in any tinkering! I am also a big fan of data categorization, maybe I am over thinking my set up haha.

I wish I had listened to your posts on the HC2 sooner. After testing it a few days here, I moved it off site Tuesday and it appears to be working as well as I had hoped. Not counting the drive, I'm only into it for about $80 bucks. Well worth it, IMO.

Interesting, how are you finding it? Are the speeds decent? Where do you run the OS from, is it SD card based or do you have it running from USB? (I'll be using OMV for everything pretty much).
    I'm leaning towards getting a HC2 and giving it a bash and then possibly buying a further one for backup. Just slightly worried about how it will handle transcoding for Plex?

The ROCKPro64 certainly has piqued my interest also, but again will need to research it's use case for Plex etc.