Beiträge von Gnarf

Hi

My OMV server has been working perfectly but after a power out I get this error in the logs (sudo journalctl):

overlayfs: upper fs is r/o, try multi-lower layers mount

The disk affected is the boot disk (SSSD) which started with a error but after fsck it seemed to work. The OS managed to boot but since the FS is R/O admin page is a no go. SSH works but all other access is locked; docker, admin page login, services running etc.

My first prio is to get it working but is there any way to access the disk and make further backups etc or extract files.

This is my first time ever something like this happened to me.

I tried to clone the boot disk before I started the machine, just in case but Clonezilla did not go thourgh with the clone. ;(

Would be very grateful for some suggestions.

Hi

I already have encrypted (Luks) UnionFS with Snapraid spanning over 4 disks working perfectly since day one.

Now I am trying to create a new one spanning over 4 disks with Luks, UnionFS and Snapraid but I am encountering errors when I am applying the changes after I've added the disks into the UnionFS.

There is no difference in what disks I use and all other steps involved works perfectly.

Since the error message is listing ALL my harddrives I am struggeling to understand what the problem is and with which harddrives or step is involved.

It could be a quota problem but I don't know what to do to fix the problem...

This file shows the log error message I get after I hit "apply": OMV.txt

The UnionFS gets created but when I try to access it I get this:

Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/unionfilesystems/filesystem[uuid='21e5d1d2-bd64-4da6-8294-276c0d458b29']'.

OMV\Config\DatabaseException: Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/unionfilesystems/filesystem[uuid='21e5d1d2-bd64-4da6-8294-276c0d458b29']'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/unionfilesystems.inc(166): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.un...', '21e5d1d2-bd64-4...') #1 [internal function]: OMV\Engined\Rpc\UnionFilesystems->get(Array, Array) #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('get', Array, Array) #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UnionFilesystem...', 'get', Array, Array, 1) #5 {main}

Anyone has a solution or hint to this problem?

I think you have to explain how you did that in more detail, if you don't mind.

OMV is on port 81 and everything has been working fine since I installed it last august.

I don't have ipv6 enabled though either on my router or OMV server but it has been working before april. Could this have something to do with this?

*edit* port 80 is already open between the router and omv server.

Hi. I have the same problems renewing certificates as you.

Problems started when my certificates expired on april and since then haven't been able to renew them.

I use Cloudflare and NGINX and i've tried the workaround installing certbot with snapd as mentioned above.

When trying to renew certificates from nginx i get "internal error".

I get the same error message in teh nginx logs and when trying manually with certbot as mentioned in the above links.

"Timeout during connect (likely firewall problem)"

I have gone though the setting at cloudflare and locally but can't find the source of this problem.

Have anyone tried Swag container?

I've created an mergeFS with 3 encrypted disks (using TDL tutorial) and I want to create a snapraid config for these 3 disks adding 1 parity drive.

After configuring the disks with no problems i get "No 'parity' specification in '/etc/snapraid.conf'" after I press save and trying to run "Sync" in snapraid.

The share itself is working without any problems, it's just Snapraid that won't sync...

cat /etc/snapraid.conf (as root) gives me the following:

# This file is auto-generated by openmediavault (https://www.openmediavault.org)
    # WARNING: Do not edit this file, your changes will get lost.

autosave 0

exclude *.unrecoverable
    exclude lost+found/
    exclude aquota.user
    exclude aquota.group
    exclude /tmp/
    exclude .content
    exclude *.bak
    exclude /snapraid.conf*

So it seems that the config file is not saved? But why and how do i fix this?

I've finallky located the problem of this and I want to share this to others with similiar problems.

When I during the weekend was swapping out the motherboard because I was going to try another motherboard with the same hardware I discovered that the power connector to the motherboard had popped out about a millimeter...

When I inserted this properly the transfer speed problem was gone.

The NAS server works perfectly now.

I understand that having a bad power connector can cause problem but since I had no other problems on the NAS I find this peculier.

Well...I hope my findings can help someone else with similiar problems.

Hi

My OMV5 has been running perfectly but after a week network transfer speeds has gone down from 20-40gb/s to 500k/s when copying FROM server or streaming from OMV shares...

The problem is that it's FROM the SMB shares, not to the server. I also have issues streaming off a share.

I have tried Solutions to common problems including double checking the the SMB tuning threads (I have all those steps from before) and switching CAT5 cables etc with no luck. I can copy TO the OMV shares without any problem and uploads that doesn't use SMB is fast so it only concerns SMB shares.

Internal transfers between hdd's on the server is without problems. S:M:A:R:T data is the same as a week ago.

The share i normally stream from is a LUKS encrypted 3hdd MergeFS volume but this concerns any share on the OMV server.

*UPDATE* this problem only occurs when streaming or copying FROM the OMV server. Copying TO the server yields normal transfer speeds.

Can this have to do with an update the last week? I have plowed though the logs but can't find any errors related to network issues on the OMV server. Note that I haven't done anything physically with the server, only installed updates.

Hi!

I have an s1366 mobo lying unused with a L5640 6c/12t cpu that I'm planning to use to upgrade my OMV5 NAS.

Since it's Linux based, is it plug and play pretty much after I have changed the motherboard?

Boot up and connect disk by disk?

Found this old thread:

Replacing mobo. do I need to reinstall entire system?

Is it still up to date?

Does anyone have any suggestions what to do before I make this upgrade.

I am grateful for any input.

Thanks!:)

I run into the same problem after having a perfectly working UnionFS without LUKS i readded the UnionFS and applied encryption and now it's not working. i've tried peca89's solution "noauto" but still it boots into rec.mode. Does this work with MergeFS instead? How do I get past the error?

Thanks for your answer, here it is. I have followed the guide but changed transmission to Qbittorretn.

Googling this error seems to indicate a problem with the kernel.

version: "3"

services:

vpn:

image: bubuntux/nordvpn

network_mode: bridge # Required

cap_add:

- NET_ADMIN # Required

- SYS_MODULE # Required for TECHNOLOGY=NordLynx

sysctls:

- net.ipv4.conf.all.rp_filter=2

devices:

- /dev/net/tun # Required

environment: # Review https://github.com/bubuntux/nordvpn#environment-variables

- USER=******* # Required

- "PASS=*******" # Required

- CONNECT=Sweden

- TECHNOLOGY=NordLynx

- CYBER_SEC=Enable

- NETWORK=192.168.*.*/24

- TZ=Europe/Stockholm

- GROUPID=100

ports:

- 8080:8080

- 6881:6881

- 6881:6881/udp

torrent:

image: linuxserver/qbittorrent

container_name: qbittorrent

environment:

- PUID=1000

- PGID=100

- TZ=Europe/London

- UMASK_SET=022

- WEBUI_PORT=8080

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Misc/appdata/qbittorrent:/config

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-media/Downloads:/downloads

restart: unless-stopped

network_mode: service:vpn

depends_on:

- vpn

# The torrent service would be available at https://localhost:8080/ or anywhere inside the local network http://192.168.1.xxx:8080

*UPDATE* After a powershortage due to a storm last night the server now boots up in emergency mode so I reckon I have to reinstall it.

I can't even start OMV-firstaid "command not found".

Anyone got ideas?

I found a thread with the similiar problem and followed the guide but after:

systemctl start openmediavault-engined.service

I get this error:

Job for openmediavault-engined.service failed because the control process exited with error code.

See "systemctl status openmediavault-engined.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

The engined.service is running but "journalctl -xe" gives me an aoutput with losts af connection errors.

No idea what to do now...

Hi and thanks for your answer.

Seems something broke the internet access, only from command prompt though. I tried restoring it with omv-firstaid but that didn't help.

"W: Failed to fetch http://ftp.se.debian.org/debian/dists/buster/InRelease Could not resolve 'ftp.se.debian.org' " and so on

But..shouldn't the login work nonetheless?

This is the error I get after reconfig in omv-firstaid:

Configuring network interface. Please wait ...

ERROR: Failed to connect /var/lib/openmediavault/engined.sock: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Hi all!

I am a newbie, slowly learning the basics of Linux and OMV.

After successfully upgrading OMV4 to 5 and following techdadlife instructions and other threads (newest installation script version) OMV is up and running but I have a few problems.

I can't log in on the admin page, I get this error:

Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

Apart from these two issues, ALL my dockers, share and services are functioning as normal. I run Pi-hole, privoxy, Syncthing, folding@home and backups and more on my OMV.

Login to the admin page and the issue to update the OMV installation fom Cockpit-docker is no longer functioning.

I should say that the last part of the upgrade process gave me this error:

Updating configuration database ...

/usr/share/openmediavault/confdb/create.d/conf.system.omvextras.sh: line 46: omv -mkconf: command not found

ERROR: Failed to create the default configuration: Command '['/usr/share/openmed iavault/confdb/create.d/conf.system.omvextras.sh']' returned non-zero exit statu s 127.

dpkg: error processing package openmediavault-omvextrasorg (--configure):

installed openmediavault-omvextrasorg package post-installation script subproce ss returned error exit status 1

Processing triggers for ca-certificates (20190110) ...

Updating certificates in /etc/ssl/certs...

0 added, 0 removed; done.

Running hooks in /etc/ca-certificates/update.d...

done.

Processing triggers for php7.3-fpm (7.3.14-1~deb10u1) ...

Processing triggers for initramfs-tools (0.133+deb10u1) ...

update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.19.0-8-amd64

Processing triggers for dbus (1.12.16-1) ...

Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.28-10) ...

Processing triggers for openmediavault (5.4.3-1) ...

Updating locale files ...

Updating file permissions ...

Purging internal cache ...

Restarting engine daemon ...

Errors were encountered while processing:

openmediavault-omvextrasorg

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

THANKS TO ALL CONTRIBUTORS in the excellent OMV forum! It means a lot for people like myself. <3

Hi everyone

So, I came home after a month of travels and booted up my OMV 4 system (been switched off).
    It booted perfectly without problems but after logging in I realized that my user profile has been reset or something. I was greeted bt a "default" login screen (only users, openvpn and about choices) even though my dockers were running perfectly normal (Pi-hole, Cockpit, sonarr, MC, netstat, duckdns, synctrayzor and more).
    All of my accounts (and works as I login) are there but it doesn't show anything on the OMV webinterface as if it has been reset to defaults.
    I even could update the system via Cockpit but I cannot change the system since I don't have another way to do that like Portainer etc.

What has has happened? I am an OMV rookie who has been using TDL and other forums to install my system but wihtout problems.
    I have no idea what to do.
    Open for advices
    Thanks a lot

/Mattias from Norway

Hi!

I have for the past month or so been setting up my own OMV server, much thanks to this forum and technolifedad and his videos.
    After installing unionfs and snapraid I couldn't access weblogin after reboot.
    The funny thing is that all services and plugins (Pi-hole, transmission, resiliosync, nextcloud and many more) is up and running although the webinterface is not accepting connections on either p20 or DDH p443.
    I AM NO EXPERT IN Linux! I know a bit from what i've learned and I-ve tried my best so far.Tried omv-firstaid to reset/redo the webinterface.
    It gave me an error while updating the config file:

ERROR: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; nginx -t 2>&1' with exit code '1': nginx: [emerg] invalid number of arguments in "listen" directive in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/openmediavault-pxe:2
    nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

I don't know what else to try. Next I am probably gonna restore an old backup via the plugin.
    if I have to do that...how can I do that since I can't log on? Clonezilla? I used teh "dd" method for my backups.
    i am very grateful an answer, rather not reinstall =(

Best regards from a frustrated Norwegian =)