Posts by threehappypenguins

I was able to successfully install portainer, but I don't fully understand your instructions. Is there even an arm version for Filezilla? I can't find any. Or does portainer make jlesage/filzilla which is amd64 somehow work?

I have an nginx rtmp server running on my Odroid HC2, and an rtmp feed (OBS audio/video to Mobcrush to nginx) goes to nginx, then is pushed to a platform of my choice. But I also have the audio pushed to Icecast so that I can get an m3u audio of the stream. I want to use this m3u for MOH (music on hold) or something in a phone system. I was going to install asterisk, but it's totally over my head and I can't get asterisk to install, I think because my kernel is not updated? Is there an alternative to asterisk, something that will allow me to input a SIP provider, and then someone can call in, and get hooked up with the audio from the stream when it is live?

I don't care if it's something that I have to install via command line, docker, or a plugin. But plugin would absolutely be the easiest, since docker tends to be over my head and I have to follow very specific tutorials on how to get docker stuff going.

and therefore I checked the permissions. I found that my / was set as root:root 775 and not root:root 755.

I backed up my system and changed the permissions with "chmod 755 /".

chmod 755 / fixed it for me! Thanks!

Do you by any chance know why I'm seeing a dev folder when I log in? I see the other folders that I enabled and wanted to see, but I also see dev. How do I remove it from the folder that is being seen when logged in sftp?

This took me a while to figure out, so I thought I would share, in case this helps anybody else. I wanted a free way to re-stream my church's services to Facebook, YouTube, and SermonAudio. I was using Mobcrush, but there is an issue between Mobcrush and SermonAudio where SA can't receive the stream from Mobcrush for some reason. So I decided to create my own server using our Odroid HC2 which we use as a storage backup for all the sermons.

I followed this tutorial exactly, but with a few modifications for my own system.

I used PuTTY to SSH into the Odroid with root, and then typed cd /home
    Then I continued on with the instructions to install the tools to build nginx.
    However, before the section "Now we build nginx:" with the command line ./configure I had to type this in: apt-get install zlib1g-dev and then afterwards continued with building and installing nginx.

Now, the default for this nginx server is port 80, which means it wants to use the port that my Odroid HC2 uses. Like, if I access my Odroid internally with 192.168.1.54, then that's technically 192.168.1.54:80. So I need to use a different port.

I navigated to the nginx.conf by typing in: cd /usr/local/nginx/conf
    Then nano nginx.conf

I then found this section:

Code
    server {
    listen 80;
    server_name localhost;

And I changed port 80 to port 8275 (or whatever port of my choice; I just made that up), so it looked like this:

Code
    server {
    listen 8275;
    server_name localhost;

Now to test the server, first I need to save, so I pressed ctrl + o and hit enter, and then ctrl + x to exit.

I started the server by typing in (after I exited nano) /usr/local/nginx/sbin/nginx
    If I enter into my browser 192.168.1.54:8275 (whatever my Odroid internal IP is and the port I chose while editing the .conf file) and I see "Welcome to nginx!" I know that everything has installed correctly and is set up.

I opened the config file again, and at the bottom, pasted this as my basic template (shift + insert pastes into Nano):

Where rtmp://webcast.streamingplatform.com/streamingkey; is the streaming platform that I want to push my stream to. Underneath, I can add more platforms (like YouTube, Facebook, etc). I have to make sure that there is a ; after each line. This video is helpful and has more details.

After I saved with Nano, I restarted nginx first with /usr/local/nginx/sbin/nginx -s stop then /usr/local/nginx/sbin/nginx

The last modification from the tutorial is setting up my server with port forwarding. I forward the external port 1935 to whatever the port is that I picked in one of my earlier steps (ie 8275) for the internal port.

So my server that I would put in OBS is rtmp://192.168.1.54/live

I tested this out, and it worked perfectly! I also changed my Odroid internal IP to my dynamic dns instead (so, rtmp://dynamicdns.user.com/live) as well.
    Also, Facebook restreaming is apparently different (because it's rtmps instead of rtmp) so this explains, and this YouTube video explains.

So I would like to add the RTMP module to openmediavault's nginx so that it can double as a stream server as well. However, since the nginx version on omv right now is 1.2.1, I can't install modules dynamically. How do I go about installing the rtmp module statically without overwriting the omv configs when reinstalling nginx?

I'm gonna bump a really old thread. I also have the same question. I have docker installed on OMV, and pulled this from the docker hub: https://obsproject.com/forum/r…mp-server-using-nginx.50/

And there are instructions here on setting up an rtmp server, but not in OMV: https://obsproject.com/forum/r…mp-server-using-nginx.50/

So I am a little lost on how to set this up, within docker in OMV.

I have a certificate set up. Isn't it considered SFTP? I tried to install SFTP from plugins, but I get an error, something about a port not being open (don't remember which one). I tried opening the port in my router, but I still get the same error despite doing that. So I thought that enabling FTP with SSL/TLS enabled was the same as SFTP. Not really sure.

I also figure that choosing random ports should help keep things a little more secure. I would love to somehow have things more secure, but honestly, I don't even know where to start. The only tutorials that I can find on this sort of thing are Techno Dad's, but not all of them will work for me, since I have an Odroid HC2 and Techno Dad's tutorials all use Docker. With Docker, it seems that I am limited with what I can install because not all of them are compatible with my device.

Could you help me make things more secure?

I had a really hard time getting FTP working, ran into several errors just trying to enable it, and had several rejections when trying to connect, and permission denied when trying to transfer files. Now everything is working, so I wanted to create a step-by-step guide for anyone looking to enable FTP, specifically the secure kind (SFTP) where SSL/TLS connections are enabled.

1. Services > FTP
    Enable: Toggle on
    Port: 21 (or port of your choice; I suggest a different port)
    Passive FTP: Toggle on
    Passive FTP Use the following port range: you can leave this alone, or you can change to 14100-14110 for example
    Click Save, then Apply

If you have trouble applying the settings (you get an error), try doing one thing at a time and applying it. For example, Enable FTP with the toggle first, then save, then apply. Then make your next change, then save, then apply. I had to do this for one of my devices.

2. System > Certificates > SSL > Add
    Leave everything as default, but add whatever info you want, such as Organization name, country, email, etc. Click Save, then Apply.

3. Services > FTP > SSL/TLS
    Enable: Toggle on Enable SSL/TLS connections
    Certificate: Choose your newly created certificate from the drop-down list. Click Save, then Apply.

4. Access Rights Management > Shared Folders
    Either create a Shared Folder (and make sure that you choose "Everyone: Read/Write" for permissions), or choose an existing one. Go to Privileges and ensure that your username is checked off. If you haven't created a username yet, first go to Access Rights Management > User, and create a username there. But you probably already have one.

5. Services > FTP > Shares > Add
    Click on the drop-down list to choose your Shared Folder. Click Save, then Apply.

6. Now you need to access your router for port forwarding. If you need help for your particular router, check out the Port Forward website and choose your router from there. I have a router flashed with Advanced Tomato, so for me, it's Port Forwarding > Basic and then for a TCP port, I would add the main port that was added under Step 1 (example, 21) under Int Port. Under "Internal Address," you're going to put the internal IP you use to access the OMV gateway (ie: 192.168.1.4).
    Add another TCP port forward with your passive ports (example, 14100-14110) under Int Port (the whole range in there), and also the internal address. Make sure to Add/Save everything.

7. Download and install Filezilla.
    Host: if you're local, you can put your internal IP address you use to access the OMV gateway (such as 192.168.1.4). If you plan on accessing remotely, you will need to put your public IP address.
    Username: the username you already had or created for FTP.
    Password: obviously, the password for this username
    Port: The main port you created in Step 1.
    Click Quickconnect (note, after you have used Quickconnect, it saves your info in the drop-down list next to the Quickconnect button).
    Upon successful connection for the first time, you will see the certificate pop up. Make sure you check of "Always trust certificate in future sessions." Then click OK.
    You should be able to see your Shared Folder on the right. Your files on your local drive are on the left. Just drag and drop files/folders from left to right to get files/folders onto your OMV server.
    **Note: If you add another Shared Folder after this point, and see that it's not showing up in Filezilla, hit F5 to refresh the Filezilla windows. Your Shared Folder should show up after this.

8. (Optional)
    If you have a dynamic DNS address, you can enter that under "Host" in Filezilla, as an alternative to your public IP address. If you wish to either create a dynamic DNS, I suggest using Duck DNS. I have two suggestions on how to use it. Either use Duck DNS under the DDNS settings in your router, or if you already are utilizing the DDNS section in your router, you can use a different DNS just for your OMV server. You can watch Techno Dad's tutorial on how to do this. It's actually for Nextcloud, but start at 3:35 (and end at 6:00) to follow the directions for only DuckDNS (not Letsencrypt or anything). You will need Docker for that tutorial, so if you don't have Docker, start here.

I have an Odroid HC2 with OMV 4 installed. I have enabled FTP under Services, and have also created a certificate and enabled SSL/TLS connections. I intend to connect outside of my network. I followed these directions to have what I think are the right settings for FTP. I tried testing the connection with Filezilla installed on my laptop (on the same network with Odroid), and it authenticates fine, and I can even accept the certificate, but then I get the error, "The data connection could not be established: ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server."

I tried going to System > Network > Firewall and I created some Accept rules for port 21 and the passive ports (I had seen this post, and example_rules.jpg), but it makes no difference. I also have port 21 and the passive ports forwarded on my router. I get the same error locally. I tried connecting my laptop to a VPN outside of my network, and I am able to accept the certificate, but again, same error.

I honest to goodness have no idea what I'm doing. Please help.

Tried Zoneminder and getting "404 not found" when trying to open the web GUI. I checked the log, and this is what I got:

This is beyond frustrating. Nothing ever works first try and it takes me days or weeks to get something new installed.

See post # 10 above. Just be aware that specifying a tag when you pull an image does not guarantee that such an image is available. You have to look in the tag list first.

I couldn't find anything that exactly said arm32v7, but I did find in hassioaddons/motioneye a tag that was armv7-0.5.4 so I pulled that. When I run the image, I don't get the same error as before, but now it's new:

There is no information available for that image that mentions different tags for different hardware architectures or even what arch that image is for.

All I can suggest is for you to find another source for an image. Try this one, but be aware there is no documentation for it:

https://hub.docker.com/r/ccrisan/motioneye/

I already tried ccrisan/motioneye with the latest image armhf as well as specifying arm64 later, and both times I got the same error in the log as all the other ones. So I guess Odroid HC2 is neither arm64 or armhf?

I did more Googling, and I noticed this:

armhf stands for "arm hard float", and is the name given to a debian port for arm processors (armv7+) that have hardware floating point support.

So I guess that I need to use the tag armhf then, since my Odroid HC2 is ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)? I haven't noticed any arm32, and not sure if that's the same thing. Also, what if it doesn't show the hardware compatibility of arm-whatever? How do I check to see what it is?