Posts by threehappypenguins

Another thing to consider if it's possible is to run a duckdns updater on your router. I do.

Yes, I do that as well. But I have a separate server name for sftp transfer so that the camera/sound guy at my church can transfer videos to the church server that I host at my house, and this keeps things neat and tidy in case I move the server to another location.

Okay, I have it working. I ended up choosing the tag arm32v7-version-4c2a0989 and it worked fine. For some reason, using the latest tag won't work for me. I have armv7 (Odroid HC2), but I'm not sure how to specify the digest with the latest tag. I don't really understand how the docker pulls work, and whether it detects my system and pulls the linux/arm/v7 digest.

All I can say is that the duckdns client instance is not working on that machine for some reason. Try deleting the container and build it again.

I already tried that. It was the first thing I did. So just now, I deleted everything and downloaded an old version of duckdns docker (it's from linuxserver). I used the tag arm32v7-44472b80-ls38. I tried to find the same one that is on the working machine, but I can't find it by its tag. So I used command line and tried to download by digest:

Code
    docker pull sha256:725dedce8fb60cb5bf9bc0262bc24129d717457baf3bbd4a12b4fb390d7f6dc7

It downloads it, but then on the docker GUI, it doesn't show the repository name or tag, and I can't run an image with it. So I don't think I'm doing it right. So anyways, I used the tag arm32v7-44472b80-ls38 instead (not the one I have on the working machine), and now I get this error in the logs (with my duckdns token for "token-number-token-number-token":

If you could help me get the same image as what's on the working machine, perhaps it will work for the non-working machine.

Did you use your duckdns domain name or did you put domainame in the command?

Oh hahaha. I literally put "domainame." I was thinking it was a special command. LOL. Ok, here are the results, but with my actual domain name (edited out to be "domainame," and the IP address showing is edited to be "12.3.456.7" but the original was the old IP):

And the working machine (edited to be "domainame2" and IP address is correct but I edited to be 89.10.234.5):

ping http://www.aol.com

ping cnn.com

If you get: Name or service not known then you have no working DNS.

Code
    root@HC2:~# ping google.com
    PING google.com (172.217.11.14) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from lga25s60-in-f14.1e100.net (172.217.11.14): icmp_seq=1 ttl=117 time=20.4 ms
    64 bytes from lga25s60-in-f14.1e100.net (172.217.11.14): icmp_seq=2 ttl=117 time=20.7 ms
    64 bytes from lga25s60-in-f14.1e100.net (172.217.11.14): icmp_seq=3 ttl=117 time=20.8 ms
    64 bytes from lga25s60-in-f14.1e100.net (172.217.11.14): icmp_seq=4 ttl=117 time=20.7 ms

Seems to ping just fine...

What result do you get when you run the following command on the machine that has the problem?

dig domainame.duckdns.org

On the machine not working:

On the machine that is working:

I have two separate NAS servers, each running their own instance of OMV and docker, each with DuckDNS set up. I just changed ISP's, and on one server, DuckDNS updated fine, and on the other, DuckDNS still has my old IP address. I don't understand why. Any idea on where to start with troubleshooting? I already nuked it by deleting the DuckDNS docker and image, and redownloading everything and setting it up again. It still won't show my new IP address.

Here is what the log shows (on the server where DuckDNS isn't working right):

I got impatient and press Ctrl + C. Nothing is happening and it keeps upgrading. I'm just going to unplug it and take the SD card out and start over, hoping the rest of it isn't toast (kernel, etc). I don't have time to be waiting this long.

You could try running:

apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault

But it's likely your installation is toast. Restore from backup and try again.

If it's likely toast, can I just halt the upgrade? Do I just press Ctrl + C (I'm using PuTTY)? Then just pop out the micro SD card, load OMV 4 and start again?

I'm doing dist-upgrade to 5.x (I think?) and I was wondering how long it takes? It's already been at it a couple of hours. I stupidly purged php because I was trying to install 7.2 and got fed up that I couldn't install it, so I purged it not knowing it would mess up the whole system. I lost access to my webgui where it said 404 not found nginx. So I figured that maybe if I did a dist-upgrade that I wouldn't need to reinstall OMV. But if it's not going to help, then I just want to cancel the upgrade because it's taking foreverrrrrrr and I'll just reinstall OMV 4 (I have an Odroid HC2/XU4).

I haven't made any changes for a while on my Odroid HC2 running OMV. I have OMV on a microSD card, and then a 4 GB HDD. I bought a 5 GB portable HDD to do back-ups, but I cannot mount it. I wiped it, then created the file system (EXT4), and when I try to mount, I get this error:

I have tried rebooting, and it doesn't make a difference.

Also, this seems to be related... I notied that Docker was no longer enabled, so I went to the Docker tab and got a bunch of errors while the page was trying to load, and then I toggled the enabled button, and clicked "Save," and then got a similar error:

I was able to successfully install portainer, but I don't fully understand your instructions. Is there even an arm version for Filezilla? I can't find any. Or does portainer make jlesage/filzilla which is amd64 somehow work?

I have an nginx rtmp server running on my Odroid HC2, and an rtmp feed (OBS audio/video to Mobcrush to nginx) goes to nginx, then is pushed to a platform of my choice. But I also have the audio pushed to Icecast so that I can get an m3u audio of the stream. I want to use this m3u for MOH (music on hold) or something in a phone system. I was going to install asterisk, but it's totally over my head and I can't get asterisk to install, I think because my kernel is not updated? Is there an alternative to asterisk, something that will allow me to input a SIP provider, and then someone can call in, and get hooked up with the audio from the stream when it is live?

I don't care if it's something that I have to install via command line, docker, or a plugin. But plugin would absolutely be the easiest, since docker tends to be over my head and I have to follow very specific tutorials on how to get docker stuff going.

and therefore I checked the permissions. I found that my / was set as root:root 775 and not root:root 755.

I backed up my system and changed the permissions with "chmod 755 /".

chmod 755 / fixed it for me! Thanks!

Do you by any chance know why I'm seeing a dev folder when I log in? I see the other folders that I enabled and wanted to see, but I also see dev. How do I remove it from the folder that is being seen when logged in sftp?