Beiträge von xxxmoscoxxx

How can i be angry with you guys??

You are right i need to read carefully, but family/work/chores takes a lot of time. As i wrote in the first post, i updated my OMV after 1.5 years....

I'll have a look at your links and i try to figure out something :/

Hi, i updated my omv installation after 1.5years (circa) via apt-update.
    I noticed portainer disappeared from the webui and after a quick search i found the guide posted by KM0201. I installed the new compose plugin and my only stack: "qbittorrent" is visible here now.

Trying to follow the second part of the guide, the one explaing how to export the stacks, i'm now stuck. I don't know how to reach the portainer UI.

Not really a big problem, qbittorrent seems to works as usual; but as always, i'm trying to learn a bit...

I don't know where you live, but if you are in the northern hemisphere keep in mind that we are in the hottest time of the year.

You can try, but it seems to me that it will not improve much more, and that 90mm fan would increase the noise a lot.

That fan you've put in will vibrate quite a bit on that thin sheet metal. Rubber anchors would improve the situation.

Another "trick" that you can use if the noise continues to bother you is to line the interior walls with some absorbent material. Make sure what you put in doesn't break down over time and end up a box full of bits of "something." :)

Yeah i know, now is only for testing thermals. But it doesn't actually vibrate, it's a good low noise fan i have laying around because in may main pc i placed couple of noctua fans. So i think i can maintain as it.

I'll eventually plug the 90mm fan on my fan speed regulator to maintain at minimum, ony to provide a little exhaust. But it's not a priority.

I'll have to ask a total different question: last time i encountered error i was able to boot the old kernel 5.16 and i deleted the newer 5.18.xxx.
    How can i reinstall the newer kernel?

I suppose apt install linux-image-5.18.0-0.bpo.1-amd64

then? i don't remember how to upgrade grub :/

Solved...

I newly tried memtest, freshly download from the site, and ram is fine (still @1600mhz). (the other memtest i had was one included in a linux mint live iso and freezes at the beginning of the second test)

I placed a 140mm fan on the side of the case, it covers the entire cpu + ram area, and maintained the 120mm intake on the front.

(not beautiful, but working!)

May i'll look for a 90mm for exhaust on the back.

About 10c drop on the cpu, but it was already good.

I noticed last time, my MB was damn hot.. so i hope now it runs cooler.

stress test with y-cruncher on a live manjaro

(lol, i noticed i took the screenshot the only moment cpu wasn't @100% load)

Now, finger crossed and hope it gonna works.

Thanks for the advice guys

It's a nice cooler but way overkill for a 18w xeon.

I repeat, it sits under 60c when loaded. It's perfect. I'll try to cool more the ram, and i'll underclock. They're running @1600mhz but it's a 1333mhz stick.

I'll try to put a 140mm fractal fan i have lying around.

Thanks for the advice.

I only need a simple nas with a torrent client... It seems so difficult to achieve at the moment...

Hey

how about S.M.A.R.T. out. How old are the hard drives

Hi, the older has 2 years, but i "lost" a brand new one.

Booted a live manjaro, it sees all my disk and files.
    Probably the install SSD is a bad one? (i took it out from an old laptop)

Later i'll check temperatures while transferring files.

But i'im sincerely not worried about them.

My previous OMV setup was my old Dell Latitude d820 and it runned fine always.

When i decided to upgrade i encountered a lot of issues..

UPDATE

After transferred 90GB of files, this was the higher temperature (Ambient is 31.3c). So i think this is not an issue.

CPU sits at 56-57c

UPDATE

Booted an older kernel, used e2fsck from a live manjaro.
    Now it seems back to life... but i'm unhappy with this situation.

I see that you are very concerned about the noise of the NAS. I do the same, the noise in the computers bothers me. The danger of this is that the cooling is usually very tight. I would monitor the temperature of the hard drives, it is possible that this point is causing problems

Hi, this is the situation.

SSD has no sensors, but i can assume other temps are good.
    Cpu also sits below 50c

root@xeonmediavault:~# inxi -xD

Drives: Local Storage: total: 3.76 TiB used: 1.7 TiB (45.2%)

ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: SanDisk model: SDSSDP128G size: 119.24 GiB

ID-2: /dev/sdb vendor: Seagate model: ST2000LM015-2E8174 size: 1.82 TiB temp: 47 C

ID-3: /dev/sdc vendor: Seagate model: ST2000LM015-2E8174 size: 1.82 TiB temp: 44 C

Here is my config

I Think my nas "exploded" again... but why??
    Now i tried to copy some files from a disk to another (in the same system) with rsync command, it gave me an error a 90% and now the other disk is missing in the "file system" menu. if i try to edit or something it says "software failure".

Is OMV this delicate?

Hi, i turned off my nas while i was out on vacation and when i turned it back on it started to behave strange.
    The folder where torrents files are downloaded contains "non-empty" "unreadable" folders (rm-rf fails) .

I tried to "reset perms" with the plugin in webgui of OMV, and it fails.

error.txt

Now docker doesn't works anymore, portainer is not installed and it gives error if i try to reinstall.

Please, i need help

Just finished configuring made it works, my nas after os disk failure.

Hardware

Case Itek cube

Olmaster HDD/SSD caddy

Mobo MSI H81M-E33

Ram 8gb ddr3 1333@1600

Cpu Xeon 1220L v3

SSD Sata Kingston 128GB for OS

HDD 2x seagate barracuda 2,5" 2TB

WD Elements usb 5TB for backup.....

In the beginning was an i5 4460 i lay around, but after a -wrong delid- i turned it into a keychain, and also fried the old mobo......

In the past days, after long time of instability and lots of issues, my OS disk (32GB pendrive sandisk flair) decided to not boot anymore... so i decided for a little upgrade: install the OS in a SSD i had spare, and buy a second HDD.

Now i can present you my cheap, but deadly silent, NAS:

My first intention was to have a fully passive system, but i preferred to not spend money on a passive psu. Instead i made the "fugly" (f****ng ugly) mod: rip the psu fan cable and plug into a -usb to 3 pin converter- to force it run @5v P E R F E C T ( and E L E G A N T)

Same for the cpu, i opted for an alpine passive cooler, but i found on ebay this jonsbo fan, 120mm of diameter, for 5€ brand new. It arrived with a little crack in a corner so i asked for a partial refund... 1.50€ back! I invested this huge amount of money in a fan regulator from aliexpress to force the fan spinning @ minimum RPM: 10-12 degree celsius drop with virtually no noise. Now with 30c of ambient room it does not exceed 50c.

OS: obviously OMV6 with a messy configuration... but hey, it works!! So it's ok at the moment.

Thank you all for this fantastic forum and for your passionate support

Hi, i freshly installed OMV6.

When i try to install some plugins i always receive this error

Code
    Failed to read from socket: Connection reset by peer

OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to read from socket: Connection reset by peer in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:172
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call()
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #2 {main}

Any advice?

Thanks