Beiträge von Keksfutternator

Did you read what votdev tried to explain to you?

It's correct, that the (mostly Asmedia powered)-Bridge-Chip - or whatever used - does not forward the "RAID", "SMART" or "Temperature"-Values!

You do not need to swap the underlying system, the USB-Boxed-Hardware causes this issue, like Soma already mentioned!

To take full advantage, you need to setup these disks as bare disks, configured from within OMV.

Could you try to deselect them as "JBOD" in the Orico-Software? (Just a Bunch Of spare Disks)

sorry my friend, good try, but the Threadopener needs more "basic help" regarding simple usage of Local Area Network, don' t you think?

Thank you for the reply, but I don't quite follow what should I do with that.

As I don't understand how it could be Windows' issue when I tweak OMV's settings and suddenly things that somehow worked prior, now became inaccessible.

But peps in that thread suggest it's clients (my Windows) issue, not servers (OMVs).

Sorry for brag, but my intention with OMV was not install Windows to create shares, but install specialized system, where it should be more reliable and simple.

Oh Boy, where should i start with?

First of all, i would kindly suggest to dig deeper into some basic networking knowledge, teaching yourself, what is an IPv4-Address

and what is it needed for. Openmediavault must be installed on a static ipv4-address! (IPv6 could be completely disabled in your LAN)

The Client to access openmediavault can be Windows, Linux, Mac or anything else, as it only needs "SMB" or "NFS" (CIFS) - Support.

The Server (like you consider omv correctly) is offering different services on different file systems (FAT/NTFS/ext4).

To fully obtain access to a NAS, you need "File Sharing" in Windows enabled, and - regardless what operating system you are using - a stable IP-subnet of your network adapter with classic IPv4 like "192.168.178.x". Linux Computer do come with pre-installed SMB-Client, so no need to tinker with!

Your PC and OMV should be part of the same IP-Subnet, like mentioned above (PC = 192.168.x.1 and OMV=192.168.x.x)

Did you format the NVMe-Drive from within openmediavault-web-GUI itself?

Would be great if you could name the SSD by spec, please!

What USB-Ports did you use to connect the drive? Because the PI4 has no carrier board for NVMe, but the PI5.

(physical ports or port interfaces do limit your bandwith in this manner)

So you use plain old USB2 or USB3 for connecting, right?

Hallo Ihr beiden! Ist die obligatorische Datei und Druckerfreigabe unter Windows aktiviert?

Habt Ihr berücksichtigt, dass Windows kein SMB1-Protokoll mehr "mag" bzw. akzeptiert?

Ist die smb-Freigabe auf Protokoll 1, 2 oder 3 getaggt? Unter Windows und in diversen NAS-Routern kann man das Mindestprotokoll "erzwingen", musste ich bei meinem QNAP auch machen.

Vorher bitte "sambashare" User-Group in OMV und die Freigaben erneut prüfen auf Schreibrechte

https://praxistipps.chip.de/smb1-aktivieren-so-funktionierts-unter-windows-10-und-11_165562

network discovery is done by zeroconfig or AVAHI, so i think it is a firewall issue, since some distributions may block AVAHI Port 5353. For example openSUSE has this Port blocked by default, so please doublecheck.

The Web-GUI is to be found at Port 80 (no SSL) or at Port 443 (SSL).

Can you ping the Pis from the commandline (bash)?

Please tell us, what subnet the other devices are to be found in?

If you need further help, please let us know!

that won't work because the system user does not automatically have "sambashare" group privileges to access the SMB World from Windows.
    Like gderf stated above, you could switch to NFS - what is recommended for linux AVAHI - or you stick to Windows and use "NetSetMan" or "NetDrive" what are commercial programs to obtain a solution.

And i have to agree again to gderf, i dont understand what should be the native advantages, seen here?

Just a coincidence :)
    I was updating my packages and on the latest OMV package it said "Add omv-release-upgrade to allow users to migrate their

systems to OMV7 ..." so i checked out the website if its released already and noticed something is not quiet right.

could you please apply for a political career, they would greatly profit from your pointing eagle eye when it comes to solve real world problems.

(just kidding) 8) :thumbup:

Richtig gutes Tutorial! 100 Punkte von mir!

By the way - das Tag "fruit:" wirklich von der Applewelt bzw. für MacOS? *in Tränen vor Lachen* 8o :saint:

while noramila is pointing to an important fact, i would kindly suggest to check, if your RJ45-network-cables or your NIC (network card) are not failing, any cable must support CAT5e.

Could you temporarily switch to an (cheap) USB-Networking-Adapter for a new attempt? Fast-Ethernet should limit you to 7-10MByte/s transfer speed, while Gigabit-Ethernet should link you up with about 40MByte/s to 100MByte/s.